The start

The sky was cherry red, atmosphere dark. Seven pairs of hurried foot steps could be heard, others behind them, at their heels. The group of seven raced toward the trashed school buses

    The school bus graveyard

"TIME?!" Ashlyn yelled out as the group of seven quickens their pace. Logan quickly answered " 8 minutes!" My legs were burning from all the running, but the adrenaline wouldn't let me stop.
Death was right on our heels. As we reached the gates, everyone slid inside as Tyler yelled to shut the gate, which Ashlyn proceeded to do.

The gate slowly wired shut, as we faced the incoming phantom.
  If not for the gate the phantom would've made it. I sigh from exhaustion as we all collect our breath, now safe inside the walls of the grave yard. We made our way towards the bus we've been staying in, exhaustion setting in from what happend.

"That sucked." Tyler groaned out as he threw his head back on the seat "i know right." I sigh as I sit at the back of the bus.

Everyone had injuries, but nothing major. I sat by myself, tending to my injuries, while everyone else was taking care of their needs or relaxing. Then everything went quiet. Tyler spoke. "It probably gave up or someth-" We all froze as the phantom's hand was at the front of the bus.

It slowly creeped its way into the bus, unfortunately we were unable to get our weapons from where they were. Everyone crowded into the back of the bus. We all hovered at the back of the bus, as Ashlyn searched for a way out of this mess. The emergency exit wouldn't work because it was blocked by another bus.

Logan cried saying," What do we do?" Aiden looked at me before he turned to Logan and said " Die?" "Aiden!" Ashlyn yelled out. All of us stood there huddled, as the phantom charged at us, but before it could reach us Logan's watch beeped as I woke up in the house I've lived in for about all my life. The house was oddly silent, so I assumed my family was asleep. I hear my phone buzz , and checked the group chat
   ___________________________________
                                       12:02

Logan:
     Everyone okay?
Ashlyn:
      👍
                                                                              Janessa:
                                                                      That was close
Aiden:
     lol that was cool

Taylor: Physically yes

Tyler: Mentally no

Ben: did anyone finish their homework

                                                                            Janessa:
                                                                             🤷🏽‍♀️
Ashlyn: screw it

Taylor:
^
Tyler:
^
____________________________________

It was 12:04 and homework wasn't a priority sleep was. I lie back down to try to sleep and eventually I doze off.