Meetings and greetings

Behind the teacher walked in two more students, which I recognize as Aiden and Ben. I lock eyes with Aiden before going back to texting Kaylah.

She didn't snap out of her concentration until someone bumped into her desk causing her knee to smear onto her eyebrow, her brown eyes meeting red ones that she knew as Aiden's.

"If I have messed up eyebrows because of that I'll make sure you'll never have eyebrows again." Aiden grinned as he sat down behind her, resting his chin on his palm. "Remind me to never mess with your makeup." He teased.

He took in the sight of the girl in front of him, he had to admit she was beautiful. Honestly it was one of the first things he noticed about her.

Her long black hair that fell down her back in perfect wavy strands, not a single hair out of place.

She breathed out slowly, sighing before she turned back around.

The teacher continued to speak " Sorry I'm late everyone, these two are new to this school, so make sure to give them a warm welcome. You guys can take a seat as well. Let's begin with introductions, shall we? We'll go in alphabetical order."

I really didn't want to but oh well.

She didn't snap out of her concentration until someone bumped into her desk causing her knee to smear onto her eyebrow, her brown eyes meeting red ones that she knew as Aiden's.

"If I have messed up eyebrows because of that I'll make sure you'll never have eyebrows again." Aiden grinned as he sat down behind her, resting his chin on his palm. "Remind me to never mess with your makeup." He teased.

He took in the sight of the girl in front of him, he had to admit she was beautiful. Honestly it was one of the first things he noticed about her.

Her long black hair that fell down her back in perfect wavy strands, not a single hair out of place.

She breathed out slowly, sighing before she turned back around.

"When it's your turn, state your first and last name and say something about yourself. As an example, I'll start using off. My name is Thomas Walter and this is my first time teaching my own class, I look forward to being with you all!" Our teacher smiled.

The ginger haired girl stood up and spoke quickly, trying to not draw attention. "Ashlyn Banner, I like dogs."

Aiden went next. "I'm Aiden Clark, I like bungee jumping, sky diving, rock climbing , racing , water skiing -" Here he goes yapping again I thought.

He would have gone on but the teacher shot him a look.

It was Ben's turn but he was asleep so the nervous kid from earlier went.

"Hello, I- the- uh- Logan Fields. I mean I'm Logan. I um, I enjoy astrology."

Then the girl who was recording in the hall. "I'm Taylor Hernandez! I'm in the mechanics club. Come say hi if you get the chance."

Then the loud boy who was still missing a shoe. "I'm Tyler Hernandez, yes we're twins. I'm in the baseball club."

Then it was my turn. Before I stood up I made sure my hair wasn't stuck on the seat. The amount of eyes on me was uncomfortable not gonna lie. "I'm Janessa Jademen, and I play volleyball and do gymnastics."

After I was done I took a little nap and woke up when I heard the teacher start talking. "Alright, now that introductions are done, let's talk about the semester- long group project! Today you'll be choosing your group partners for the project, and each group should consist of 6 to 7 people each. Oh, and no one will be allowed to work alone. The rest of class will be about the project, so go ahead and sit wherever you want with your group today."

And that's how I knew Mr. Walter was a opp.

Everyone started moving around while I zoned out.
"Hey!" "Want to join our group?"

It was Taylor. A few moments of silence passed before I spoke up "Me?" She said pointing at herself. "No the class pet behind you." Tyler glared. "Oh."

Janessa took out the hamster as she held it out "Here, your new group member." Tyler facepalmed.

"We meant you, idiot." "Oh"
____________________________________

Our group ended up consisting of everyone who had no one else.

Me, Ashlyn, Aiden, Taylor, Tyler, and Logan sat in a circle. Ashlyn looked like she was dying on the inside. Aiden whispered to me.

"She looks like a turtle with her shirt like that." I smiled a bit and the teacher started talking.

"Our main focus this semester will be the history of Georgias oldest city, Savannah. This is also what your project will be about and the topics you'll choose to present are stated in your rubric. Additionally, there is an overnight field trip to go along with the project! Of course, it's optional, however those who attend can get extra credit for your individual grade.

If you're interested, the permission slips are on my desk and include everything you'll need to know. For the rest of the period, please choose what topic your group would like to present on. You've got 25 minutes so spend it wisely. Don't forget to have the slips signed and bring them back on Monday."