The Senate's Deliberation

As Obi-Wan stood there, grappling with the reality of Satine's unyielding stance, you stepped forward with an air of nonchalance that seemed almost mocking.

"Ah, Master Kenobi," you began, your tone dripping with sarcasm, "it appears the Duchess has made her stance abundantly clear. Perhaps it's time for you to heed her words and depart. Your efforts to sway her seem as futile as attempting to halt the flow of a waterfall with your bare hands."

Obi-Wan's gaze flickered to you, his expression a mixture of frustration and resignation. "And what do you suggest I do then?" he asked, a note of defeat creeping into his voice.

A smirk played at the corners of your lips as you replied, "Why, Master Kenobi, perhaps it's time for you to realize when to cut your losses and retreat. After all, it seems the Duchess has made up her mind, and I doubt you'll be able to change it with mere words."

Obi-Wan's jaw tightened at your words, his pride wounded by the suggestion of defeat. But deep down, he knew you were right. Continuing to press Satine would likely only worsen the situation, potentially even escalating it to violence.

With a heavy sigh, Obi-Wan nodded in reluctant agreement. "Very well," he conceded, his voice laced with disappointment. "I will take my leave, though I fear for what may come if Mandalore continues down this path."

You merely shrugged indifferently, your gaze fixed on the Duchess's impassive form. "Such is the way of the galaxy, Master Kenobi," you remarked casually. "Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we must accept that change is beyond our control."

With that, Obi-Wan turned on his heel and made his way toward the exit, his footsteps echoing hollowly in the silent throne room.

As Obi-Wan departed, leaving behind the tense atmosphere of the throne room, you, Lord (S/N), turned your attention back to Duchess Satine, your expression inscrutable as ever. There was a certain satisfaction in the way you observed her, as if you relished the power you held over her and the course of events unfolding on Mandalore.

"Duchess Satine," you began, your voice smooth and composed, "I must commend you on your handling of Master Kenobi. Your resolve is truly impressive."

Satine inclined her head slightly, a hint of pride flickering in her eyes. "Thank you, Lord (S/N)," she replied, her voice tinged with a sense of satisfaction. "I will not allow anyone to dictate the course of Mandalore's future, not even the Republic."

You regarded her with a calculating gaze, a faint smile playing at the corners of your lips. "Indeed," you agreed, though there was a subtle edge to your tone. "And yet, it seems there are still those who would seek to challenge your authority. The Republic will not take kindly to being rebuffed, especially by one of its former allies."

Satine's expression hardened at the mention of the Republic, her jaw set in determination. "Let them come," she declared defiantly. "Mandalore will not cower before their threats. We will stand firm in our convictions, no matter the cost."

You nodded, inwardly pleased by Satine's unwavering resolve. It was exactly the response you had anticipated, further solidifying your control over Mandalore's future. "Your courage is commendable, Duchess," you remarked, your voice tinged with admiration. "But courage alone may not be enough to protect Mandalore from the looming threats on the horizon."

Satine's brow furrowed in concern as she regarded you, her eyes searching yours for any hint of deception. "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice cautious.

You leaned in closer, lowering your voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "I mean that Mandalore must be prepared to face whatever challenges may come its way," you explained cryptically. "And to do so, you will need allies who can offer more than just words of support."