Toys

Your fist clenches in anger and frustration over being unable to do anything. Suddenly you feel someone hugging you from behind.

"Is there something we can do for you, Master?" the female Pantoran said, while bringing her lips closer to yours. Unimpressed by her charming abilities you make a step forward and throw her back onto the bed with the force.

"I have no need for such lowly services." you say to the shocked woman. Your gaze wanders to the Chiss, her eyes weren't filled with shock or fear but rather the image of an instinct. The instinct to survive. You could see her confidence and her resolve but she didn't have the strength to back it up.

Slowly you walked towards her and stopped right before her feet. She didn't flinch or turn her eyes away from you even for a second. Bo was still comforting the Pantoran, while you started to talk to the Chiss.

"What is your name, slave?" you asked curiously, ask your fingers lifted her chin so that your eyes met.

"Shitu Itus and who are you calling a slave, Gladiator. You were enslaved just like us." she fired back.

"You are not wrong but the difference between us is simply that I can get out of here whenever I see fit, while you must wait for an opportunity to arise."

"Then why are you still here?" the Chiss asked slightly intimidated.

"For two simple reasons, which, unfortunately, are none of your business, so do yourself a favour and be an obedient toy until your opportunity comes."

"Competition?" Bo interrupts your chatter.

"Not in the slightest." you straighten up and place a sweet little kiss on her lips before going over to your wardrobe. There you pick out a few robes and give one to each woman.

"So, what are the reasons?" Bo asked bluntly.

"For what?"

"Don't play dumb on me, you know what I'm talking about." she said getting a little upset.

"Alright, the first reason is that I want to show the people of Nathema that I'm not some kind of almighty God, while worship is good, transforming my existence into that of a God would cause fanaticism." you explain.

"And what would be wrong with that?" Shitu disrupts you.

"The thing is that it would indeed strengthen the believes the people of Nathema hold in me but on the other side that would also be the problem. When belief turns into fanaticism the believers are more willingly to give up their lives for the cause or in that case me. The number of soldiers and even citizens dying because of foolish acts in order to accomplish what they think would be my will or intend would rise astronomically. All their deaths would be in vain and worse their lives would be shattered if I were the one thing, they built it around. Because I can indeed die and if that is ever the case while a fanaticism was built around my persona, then the empire I have built could not exist without me for even one day. Therefore, it is better for me and the future of my empire to build it on trust and belief towards me, rather than fanaticism around my character."

"And the other reason?" Bo asked.

"To find clues leading to Tyranus."

"I believe I can help you with that." Shitu once again interrupts.

"Do that one more time and I will..."

"Let her speak, Bo." you stop her before she attacks the Chiss. Bo then backs down and let the woman speak.