Cats and dogs

"Queen Scintel, let's have a word." you say to the Queen and pull her aside, "What exactly is the meaning of this?"

Your tone changed from the played happiness and kindness to furious and demanding the instant you knew that nobody else could hear you.

"What is it?" she responded with a hint of played confusion.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I announced our wedding, what else should I have done, honey?" Queen Sintel's voice grew smug and mocking.

"There were no plans of us getting married."

"Maybe not in your head. You maybe forgot that you aren't the only one in the galaxy making and executing their plans for their various goals. Just because no one interfered until now, doesn't mean there aren't any. You needed to learn, that not everything will go your way when you start playing in my league." Queen Scintel placed her hand on your cheek, "Now be an obedient boy and play along for me."

Her mocking eyes and self-satisfied tone were enough to make you want to push your lightsabre right through her head, but unfortunately you needed to restrain that desire, at least for now.

"Look at the situation, you're better off getting married to me." she continued, "You'll gain access to the CIS as you intended and also be able to expand your own empire."

You knew that what she was saying was the truth, but still you couldn't marry her for several reasons. Your people wouldn't approve it, since she is the Queen of an empire built on slavery, while your empire is based on the principle of freedom. You would risk a revolt and losing the support of your own planet. The freed slaves would also revolt against you and take your empire down before it even reached the peak you strive for. Neither could you openly decline the wedding, since she made it look like you both already agreed to it and if you would decline Queen Scintel would suspect you to already have a connection inside the CIS senate, and if she finds out about it through a lose end of a spy of yours, she has more than enough to blackmail you, which you cannot risk. Openly aligning yourself with the CIS, would also break your connection to the Republic and destroy everything you've built up there. To kill the Queen isn't an option since you still need her to increase your military through the freed.

"We both know that we cannot get married." you say with serious tone.

"Normally I get what I want and what I want is you, so you either give me what I desire or suffer the consequences." she said, being fully aware of her position.

You felt her grasp tightening, you anticipated that one day she would go against you but didn't expect it in that way. Cutting ties with Zygerria wasn't an option since you needed the constant flow of slaves, and it would need a lot more effort to locate and enter their trading places without the insider information.

"Now if you'd excuse me, I still have some preparation to do for our wedding." with that the queen disappears with her guards following, leaving you all alone.

A devilish smile finds its way on your lips. She put you in an inconvenient situation and you enjoyed the challenge. It is different from the things you faced before. Your options are more than limited and slaughtering through the entire separatist senate isn't an option either. A situation that requires creativity and trickery in an amount you never needed before. You couldn't help but get excited over the defiance laying ahead.

"Give me a connection to Bo-Katan." you order to the communication officer receiving your call and just a moment later, her figure appeared before you.