I

The countryside of South Dakota always seemed to have a refreshing tranquility to it, until it was interrupted by the roar of an engine. A silver, ‘68 Camaro sped down the desolate road toward Sioux Falls, shortly turning into the gravel driveway of Singer’s Auto Salvage. The engine cut off as it parked in front of the two-story house. The door opened as a young woman stepped out, her dark brown hair blowing softly in the breeze. She walked around to the trunk, grabbing a large duffle bag and a six-pack of beer from it. She slammed the trunk shut, then made her way into the house, slamming the front door shut behind her, announcing her arrival to the other occupants in the house.

“Bobby, I’m back! And I brought beer!” The girl hollered as she walked into the kitchen, “who’s Impala is out front?” she asked as she dropped her duffle on the table and placed the beer in the fridge, “It’s a beaut!” she made her way into the library, stopping in her tracks when she spotted two unfamiliar men with Bobby Singer, “Uh, hi…” she sheepishly smiled with a small wave.

“Alex, hey,” Bobby greeted, pulling the girl into a hug. She squeezed him back, giving him a soft smile as she pulled away, then glanced at the boys behind him. “Right, sorry, Alex meet Dean,” he pointed at the boy with green eyes and short, dark blonde hair who looked to be the same age as Alex, “and Sam Winchester,” he then pointed to the shaggy haired one who looked a few years younger, “Boys, Alexandra Wilson.”

“Please, call me Alex. I only get called Alexandra when I’m in trouble.” she smiled, stepping forward to shake the boys’ hands. Blue eyes met green as she smiled up at Dean while shaking his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Dean smiled in return. 

“So, what are y’all doing?” She questioned as she stepped back, slipping her hands into the back pockets of her jeans.

“The boys are trying to get their dad back from some demons.” Bobby explained.

“Oh, damn. You show them Key of Solomon?” Alex questioned.

“Yeah,” Sam spoke up, gesturing to the book in front of him on the desk, “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Bobby walks over and sits on the corner of the desk, “It’s the real deal, alright.”

“And these, uh, these protective circles. They really work?” Sam questioned. 

“Hell, yeah. You get a demon in - they’re trapped. Powerless. It’s like a Satanic roach motel.” 

“Man knows his stuff.” Dean said, walking over to the other men. Alex also walked over, leaning on the front of the desk, peering at the book she’s read several times.

“I’ll tell you something else, too.” Bobby said, looking at Dean, “This is some serious crap you boys stepped in.”

“Oh yeah? How’s that?” Sam asked.

“Normal year, I hear of, say, three demonic possessions. Maybe four, tops.”

“Yeah?” Dean urged him on.

“This year, I hear of twenty-seven, so far. You get what I’m saying? More and more demons are walking among us… a lot more.” Bobby said gravely.

“Yeah, I’ve dealt with five in the last month.” Alex voiced.

“Do you know why?” Sam asked.