006. ━ valentine's day disaster

season six // episodes thirteen and fourteen[ valentine's day disaster ]

[ valentine's day disaster ]

𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 first to say that despite their rocky relationship, he loved his brother more than words could adequately describe. Derek was always his hero while growing up; especially after their father was killed, his older brother became his role model—the person he looked up to.

He was the reason he pursued medical school and a career in the surgical field—though, he was also the reason he said he would never become a neurosurgeon.

And in any other circumstances, he would be a very proud brother that Derek had gotten what he finally wanted; to be chief of surgery at Seattle Grace Mercy West. But the circumstances regarding his promotion were far from normal.

Richard Webber falling asleep on his couch in his office after drinking a bottle of alcohol that Derek had given him, causing him to miss his surgery with Meredith was not a normal circumstance.

"Will you stop pacing?" Lexie asked him with a sigh, watching her best friend walk from end-to-end of the on-call room. "I really hope nobody gets the wrong idea of us being in an on-call room together." Oliver paused and looked at her making her shrug. "Sorry. Everyone knows you're sleeping with London Halloway anyway."

"My brother is the chief today," he said, continuing to pace. "The chief, Lex! That means he's everybody's boss, and—wait, what do you mean everybody knows I'm sleeping with her?"

She shrugged. "Cristina saw you two leave an on-call room together last week and London had sex hair." Oliver groaned and sat down on the nearby bed, holding his head in his hands. "Good for you, though. She's hot."

"This is not what I need today," he muttered, shaking his head in frustration.

"You're getting worked up over nothing, Ollie," Lexie told him with a sigh and he gave her a look. "You are! I know you and your brother don't have the best of relationships, but he wouldn't purposefully do anything to make your life a living hell."

"Derek is a better brother to sisters than he is to a brother," Oliver replied softly. "He always has been. But... he has this ego that always gets in the way of things. Even when Amy became a neurosurgeon, it was like he was personally attacked by her decision. Now she's known as the other Dr. Shepherd."

Lexie tilted her head. "Then what are you?" she asked.

"The forgotten one?" he replied with a shrug and she frowned. "I'm just saying, Lex! I was the last kid. By that point, my siblings were raising me more than my own mother was."

She sighed and sat down beside him. "Everything is going to be fine," she told him gently. "But we do have to go. He has his first speech as chief and we have to be there for it."