003. ━ inoperable tumor

season six // episode seven[ inoperable tumor ]

[ inoperable tumor ]

𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 on his brother's service and he was not happy. He loved his brother, of course he did, but he did not love his brother while in surgery. It was a time when his ego came out in full force and he always had to prove that he was the better neurosurgeon in the family.

Oliver disagreed; it was Amelia.

He currently stood in the hallway in front of the OR board, along with a large group of doctors, listening to Richard Webber's new plan to make Seattle Grace Mercy West run more smoothly.

"Hospitals across the country have reported substantial savings..." he was saying as Derek and Cristina walked up to the younger Shepherd and Bailey who was standing beside him.

"How bad is it today?" Derek asked them.

Bailey tilted her head. "The chief's implementing a computer model for scheduling our surgeries from now on," she told him. "Something about efficiency and progress."

Oliver nudged him. "You want a laugh?" he asked and he nodded toward the front. "There's your laugh."

"And to make sure this was the right decision, I have enlisted one of our own to do a trial run for the last month," Richard continued while Oliver laughed quietly to himself. "Dr. Sloan."

"I know what you're all thinking," Mark said and Oliver looked at him in amusement. "It's a machine. It doesn't know me. It doesn't know what I like." Derek began to walk forward and his brother rolled his eyes. "But after using this new system for the past month, I gotta say, people, I'm a convert." Oliver and Cristina glanced at each other. "This computer knows me better than I know me."

"Chief, this thing has rearranged my schedule for the entire week," Derek told his boss. "I mean—" He turned around to face the group. "Haven't we had enough change here already?"

"Change is good, everyone," Richard said before directing the end to the neurosurgeon. "Embrace it."

Oliver walked toward his brother with a smirk tugging at his lips. "You know, it's pretty great for me to see Mr. Golden Boy knocked off his high horse," he said and Derek rolled his eyes.

"You two need to stop bickering," Bailey added, in agreement with the resident. "It's unattractive."

Oliver saw London walking down the hall out of the corner of his eye. "Okay," Derek said to his two residents. "Let's go see our patients."

"I'll meet you there," Oliver told him, starting down the hall. "I just need to do something real quick."

He frowned. "You do know I'm your boss, right?"

"Yes," Oliver answered, his tone deadpan. "Because you remind me of that about every month or so. And it reminds me why Amy is my favorite..."

He turned around and walked down the hall in the direction that London had gone. When he found her, he noticed that she was on the phone.