002. ━ he said, she said

season six // episode six[ he said, she said ]

[ he said, she said ]

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 years old, she was sent to the principal's office for the first and only time during her attendance at her private school. She had been protecting one of her friends from a bully and, when the situation was finally seen by school officials, she was the one who got into trouble.

Her father's generous donation to the school prevented her suspension from appearing on her official records, but it did not erase it from Arthur Halloway's memory.

Or from London's.

From the time she could learn to walk and talk, she had striven to always make her father proud. She always wanted to make him proud whether it was perfect grades or participating in many extracurricular activities.

But nothing she ever did seemed to be enough.

When she was a freshman in high school, she was top of her class, and it stayed throughout the rest of her time there. She was valedictorian and had the highest GPA among her classmates.

It still was not enough.

Jackson nudged London out of her thoughts and she looked over at him. All the residents were sitting outside the conference room, waiting for their turn to speak to Richard Webber. Jackson glanced at London's fidgeting fingers and took her hand, making her stop.

"You look like you're sixteen again," he said and she shrugged. "Nothing is going to happen, London."

"I'm less concerned about Webber and more about my father finding out," she told him and he sighed.

"How would he find out?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Have you met him? He finds out everything. Especially when it comes to me."

"Someone's getting fired," Reed said to April, certainly not helping with London's nerves and Jackson gave her a pointed look.

"Stop it."

"She wasn't even my patient," Charles grumbled and London rolled her eyes.

"That doesn't excuse anything," she told him, sinking further in her seat and Oliver glanced at her. "A woman is still dead. A son lost his mother..."

Charles looked at her. "But, I had nothing to do with—"

"Just shut up!" she snapped at him, crossing her arms. "Just sit there, let the chief yell at us, find out what happened, and we go to work tomorrow. That's all."

The hallway fell silent at her words and she brought her legs up to her chest. "She took the words right out of my mouth." She looked up and saw Richard Webber standing in the doorway of the conference room. "What happened here tonight, what happened to that patient, was inexcusable. And we're gonna be here till I find out who's responsible for it. Hunt."