004. ━ holidays

season six // episode ten[ holidays ]

[ holidays ]

𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 a time when families and friends would get together to spend some quality time. It was often spent catching up on lives or seeing grandparents who lived far away.

But for London Halloway, the holidays were just another day.

Growing up, whenever a holiday would roll around, London and her siblings would find themselves spending the day with their mother. Their father hardly ever stopped working, even if it was Christmas. To her, it was a common thing for her and her family. She didn't know anything different.

Until she went back to school and all of her classmates would talk about all of the fun they had with their parents.

Parents.

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆

London was assigned to the ER with Alex Karev, much to both of their annoyance. She was swatting at him as he kept handing her several charts when a young blonde woman came in.

"Excuse me." London looked up. "I'm, uh, looking for Mark Sloan."

She nodded. "Uh, you see the guy who has a burned leg because he failed to deep-fry a turkey?" she asked, pointing down the room to one of the beds and the blonde followed her finger. "Sloan's the one making that guy scream. Next to the guy with black hair." London looked over when she heard another scream. "Men." Alex handed her another chart and she groaned. "Stop it."

Oliver, meanwhile, was assigned to Mark's service and was continually glancing at the man on the bed. "You know, I think this means that next year... don't try and use a deep-fryer."

"Well, maybe he's learned his lesson on how to use it," Mark said making the younger Shepherd stare at him.

"You can't cook either," he replied, shaking his head. "Just admit that and we move on."

"Dr. Sloan?"

"Yeah." Mark looked up toward the voice and seemed to do a double-take. Oliver, having also looked up, furrowed his brow at Mark's expression.

"Hi," the blonde woman said, nervously smiling. "Um, so this is a little weird, but, um... my name is Sloan Reilly. And, uh... my mom's Samantha Reilly. And, um... I'm pretty sure you're my dad."

London paused and looked at Alex and Callie, both of whom had the same expressions as her. Just then, Lexie walked up to the group and glanced around at them.

Oliver cleared his throat. "Uh... should—should we set up a blood test for you two?" he asked quietly.

___________________________