005. ━ the opera singer

season six // episode twelve[ the opera singer ]

[ the opera singer ]

𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 in her apartment, wiping at her eyes with her sweatshirt sleeve. This was a very common occurrence for London to be crying in her empty apartment late at night. However, the reason was fairly odd to any other person.

She looked over at her door when she heard it open and McKenna walked in with a carrier. She paused when she saw her sister and sighed, tilting her head.

"Are you really crying at Buffy the Vampire Slayer again?" she asked in exasperation and London made a small squeak. "Lonny, it's a fictional show."

"Well, it feels very real," London countered, pointing at the TV screen. "Look at her! That is what I call acting. And also! Joyce Summers' death was a painful experience for everyone, I'll have you know!"

McKenna rolled her eyes. "I knew getting you that DVD set for Christmas was a bad idea, but no... Henry just had to encourage me."

"And he was right," London said with a nod, pausing her show. "Because after this, I'm watching an episode where they all forget who they are and Spike becomes 'Randy Giles'." McKenna raised her eyebrows. "It's a great episode!"

"I didn't ask," she commented, shaking her head. "Anyway, Daisy has been fed for dinner and she's asleep in her carrier. She seemed a bit grumpy when I put her in, so it might be a rough night. And I'll be back in a few days."

London glanced down at her sister's sleeping cat. "I know I'm your sister and all, but I feel like you should be paying me for how often I'm watching her. If you keep leaving her with me, I'm gonna become her favorite."

McKenna chuckled to herself. "Yeah, sure. You're gonna be Daisy's favorite when you get annoyed whenever she meows too much."

"She does!"

"No, she doesn't," McKenna replied and London rolled her eyes. "It's just your imagination. Daisy is a perfect little angel."

"Daisy is a perfect little actress," London commented under her breath. "Okay, she'll be fine, Kenny. Like always..."

McKenna nodded and opened the carrier. "I'll miss you, Daisy. Be good for Auntie London." Her sister raised her eyebrows at the sight. "I love you."

"I think you show that cat more love than you do me," London said before continuing her show. "Have a safe flight, Kenny! Your precious cat will be fine."

"I love you, too, Lonny."

Once the door had closed behind McKenna, Daisy woke up and walked over to the couch, jumping up and sitting on London's lap who smiled victoriously to herself. "I knew I was your favorite."

She heard a ding come from her phone and she reached over Daisy, looking down at the text.

[ JACKIE ]
10:02 pm