Chapter 9 Going Back Home ~ Maggie

Maggie and her family have arrived in New York to visit her mother. Things are definitely not going as planned. Susan has decided to once again interfere with Maggie's marriage. Several years before Maggie met Drake, she worked in NY for a Magazine as a writer.

She loved her job there. While she was there she met up with an old flame named Mark. She and Mark used to date while in college. After a few months, they started dating again. Things became serious again quite quickly. After several months, Mark asked Maggie to marry him and she said yes!

Things were fine until Mark got involved with a stripper named Ragen (that name should sound familiar to you. She is now married to Bertrand). They had an affair and he tried to hide it from Maggie. On their wedding day Mark decides to come clean about what had happened. Maggie is devastated and leaves NY. She quit her job and moved in with her sister in California and started modeling and being a waitress.

Mark & Maggie never spoke after that day.. Until now...

*After a horrible night Drake and Maggie decide to take the kids to the "Chunkie Cheese Pizza". It's a great place for kids to go and play. Theo doesn't seem to be too amused by all the noise, so Maggie & her sister steps outside with him and has a chat.

Maggie- I can't believe she's doing this!

Hail- She doesn't want you with Drake, so she's trying to cause trouble again.

Mag- Why does she hate Drake so much?

Hail-> "I think it's because he stands up to her, not letting her get away with anything. He puts mom in her place and she doesn't like that." Mag-> "I chose him, I love him and that's that!!" Hail-> "She doesn't care Maggie."

Mag-> "I think it's time I have a heart to heart with my mother!!"

**After a few hours they all head back home to Susan's house to a big surprise! Mark is there. Maggie is so mad, she wants to leave and never return, but her sister convinces her that she needs to deal with this situation.

Susan- "Oh good your back!! You all know Mark.. (she looks at Drake and smiles)" Mag-> "Mom, what's going on?"

Susan-> "Remember sweetheart? I invited Mark for lunch, but since you all left, I asked him to stay for dinner."

Drew-> "I told your mother this wasn't a good idea."

Hail-> "Mama, this is going too far!!!" Mag-> "Mother, I think we need to speak alone."

Susan-> "Oh sweetheart.."

Mag-> "NOW!!"

*Has Maggie finally had enough?

Mag- Mother what are you doing?!?!

Susan- What on earth...

Mag- Don't!!!

Mag2- How could you invite Mark?! After what he did?? He hurt me, is that what you are trying to do too? Hurt me?

Susan- Oh maggie, I never wanted to hurt you, I just want you to see how Drake is wrong for you! He's a nobody. He is to blame for what Liam did to you!

Mag- What are you talking about?!?!

Susan-> "I heard what happened to you by Liam! It's Drake's fault, if he were with you instead of drinking with that weak of a man Maxwell, it'd never have happened!! Actually, if you'd stayed home instead of going off with him in the first place th..."

*Maggie stops her before she can finish..

Mag-> "This is the last time I'm going to say this to you! What happened with Liam wasn't anyone's fault but LIAM'S! I love Drake, always have and always will. You've done a lot of evil conniving things, but this is it! You've never liked Drake, and now you're saying it's because of what Liam did to me?!" Susan-> "I don't like Drake because he's no good for you. He's a nobody!" Maggie-> "A nobody?! He is MY EVERYTHING!!! I can't take it anymore mother, this was the last straw! I am taking my family and leaving, mother! Until you change and accept Drake, you will NEVER see us again!!"

*Before Susan can reply, Maggie leaves.

Meanwhile... Drake is left alone with Mark and Hailey is with the kids and Drew.

Mark-> "I just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about. I don't want Maggie back.."

Drake-> "I know I don't have anything to worry about, she'd never leave me." Mark-> "I'm sorry for all of this."

Drake-> "Why did you agree to come here?" Mark-> "Susan invited me." Drake-> "You could've said no." Mark-> "That's true, but I guess a part of me wanted to see Maggie again. I wanted to apologize for all those years ago." Drake-> "I think it's best you leave Maggie alone." Mark-> "I think you're right, I'll leave now."

**In the other room, Hailey talks to Drew about how wrong her mom is. The kids start getting fussy again and Hailey takes them upstairs.

....

After Maggie finishes up with her mom, she tells Drake they are leaving. They gather up the kids and leave. Maggie tells Hailey they'll be back later. Hailey stays behind and has a chat with her mom.

Hailey- "Mama, how could you act this way? Do you really want to lose your grandchildren forever? Drake is a good man. He loves Maggie and his kids so much! AND they've been together for YEARS!!!"

Susan-> "I only want the best for my kids. I've lost you all!! You've moved away and you never visit. Drake took Maggie away, now Parker is gone to Cordonia and you.. You're messing around with a married man!" Hailey-> "Mama, I'm not messing around with a married man. Sam Dalton is divorced and he and I are just friends, that's it. And Parker and Bethanie are moving back home. They don't want that life anymore. I wasn't supposed to tell you, but I know how much you miss him. And Drake didn't take Maggie away. They've moved around and they are happier in Bellemere. It's peaceful mountains and normal life is what they want. And I do too. You and Drew could move there, I know you would love it! You could open a shop there too." Susan-> "I love that Parker is coming home. I understand the appeal of Bellemere. I know I'm being selfish. And I shouldn't be! I love you all so much. I.. oh I feel so bad." Drew-> "Excuse me ladies, I didn't mean to pry, but Susie, if you really feel this way, let's buy a house in Bellemere and visit there often. Be closer to the kids." Susan-> "But Maggie, I've hurt her..." Hailey-> Mama, talk to her, talk to Drake, explain why.."

**Susan waits up for Maggie and Drake to return. When they finally do, it's late and the kids are asleep. Susan asks if she can talk to them. She explains how Drake isn't the real issue, it's her fear of missing out in their lives. "I've blamed Drake for taking you away, but I shouldn't have. Drake, I'm sorry for all the horrible things I've said and done. If you can forgive me, I'd like to make amends. I also want to see more of all of you!"

**Maggie looks at Drake and he nods at her. "Susan, I'm sorry that I made you feel abandoned. I was truly trying to do what's best for my family. And Bellemere is it for us."

Maggie-> "Drake is right mama, why don't you move to Bellemere. Visit more?" Susan-> Drew has mentioned how we could buy a house there and visit often. Would that be okay?" Maggie-> "Yes mama, as long as you understand boundaries and promise NOT to repeat these mistakes again." Susan-> "I will do my best."

*They spend the next several days enjoying each other's company. They went shopping, Drake made his famous s'mores by the fire (which his daughter ate too many and had a sugar high for hours). They all agreed to get together in Bellemere for Easter. Maggie, Drake, the kids with Hailey go back to Bellemere and prepare for the Coronation.

Several Hours later they arrive back home in Bellemere.

Hails- Drake, I tease you a lot, but you are a great dad and husband. I couldn't ask for a better brother.

Drake- WOW! I had no clue! Thank you Hailey!!

Hails- You're welcome, Mr. Grumpy.

**They settle in for the night, awaiting Maxwell's coronation.