Chapter 8 Home Sweet Home ~ Riley

Riley arrives home to America... It's been a long journey and she's exhausted, but instead of returning home immediately she decides to stay at a hotel to unwind. While she's in her hotel she gets a video call from Maxwell. He asks her to be his Chancellor and she is overjoyed. "Maxwell, I would be so honored to be The Chancellor. When will you be making the announcement?"

Maxwell tells her that he will be telling everyone the morning of his coronation and he asks if she will be back.

"Maxwell, I'm not sure. I don't know how long I will be here. [she takes a deep breath] there is something that I need to tell you before I accept." Maxwell -> "And what's that? Wait.. more secrets?" Riley -> "Yeah Maxwell, it's something that I had to do. I had to keep him safe." Maxwell -> "Him safe? What are you talking about Riley?" Riley -> "Maxwell, I have a son, his name is Henry. I was afraid to bring him back to the palace. My parents have been raising him for me because I couldn't leave Cordonia. Liam would've come after me. Maxwell.. Are you still there?"

Maxwell -> "I understand why you needed to keep him safe, but you could've told me. You could/can trust me! Always! I would've helped you! I have to ask, who is his father? And when did you have a baby and nobody knew?!"

Riley -> "My husband Marcus is his father. Or at least that's what I tell everyone. It was when I left for 2 years after Marcus died. I wanted to tell you, I wanted you with me Maxwell, but I had to keep it to myself! I am so sorry Maxwell!"

Maxwell -> "Riley, at some point we need to have a talk. We need to come clean of all our secrets, no matter how scary they may be, because Riley, I'm in love with you!!!! And I want there to be an "us"!!"

*Riley is shocked and lets her phone accidentally fall. He's finally told her what he wants and she wants so desperately to be with him. *

Riley -> "Maxwell.. You.. I... [long pause] Maxwell you're right, we need to talk and figure this out. Because dang it, I love you too! But my son, and my past..." [Maxwell interrupts her] Maxwell -> "I know all that, your son comes first and your past we can deal with together, but you have to let me in. We'll figure everything else out as it comes."

Riley -> "Oh Maxwell, just give me some time. I want this to be right." Maxwell -> "Okay. Riley? Please keep in touch with me, I need you!"

Very emotional Riley takes a deep breath and agrees. She falls asleep hoping for a future with Maxwell.

The next morning she arrives home and is greeted by her son Henry. Riley goes inside to find her son, Henry. Henry runs up to his mama and gives her a tight hug!

Henry- Mama, mama!! I've missed you so much!!!!

**Riley picks him up and swings him around.

Riley- I've missed YOU sooooo much my little lion!!!

Henry- Mama, I want to show you my new room!!!

*Riley's mom [Elma] enters the room

Elma- Not before I get my hug!! Get over here girl!!

Riley- Oh mama, I've missed you soooo much!!!!

Elma- I wished you'd come home more!

Riley- Oh mama, me too!

Ryan- Is that my Riley I hear??

*Riley's father [Ryan] comes up from downstairs

Ryan- Boy have I missed you!!!! Chicago isn't the same without you!!!

*Riley and her father have a warm embrace. It's been months since Riley was able to return home. She keeps in touch with her family daily, but it's not the same as having them there in person. Finally, Henry takes Riley into his room and shows her his bedroom. He loves lions and has quite a few in his room.

Riley and Henry spend a few hours talking and catching up. Before long, it's dinner time. Riley asks where her sister [Aisha] is. Her mother tells her that she hasn't come home from college yet. They have a nice dinner together, remembering old times.

Afterwards, Riley gives her son a bath and reads him a story and then Henry asks his mom if she can come home to stay. She tells him about the new job that she is supposed to have soon and she'd like him to maybe come with her. He makes a sad face and asks about his grandparents. Riley tells him that they all could live together. Henry likes that idea and they continue to talk until Henry falls asleep.

**Riley decides that she needs to tell them about her and Maxwell and the new job.

Riley -> "Mom, dad I need to talk to you both about something,"

Ryan [dad] -> "Uh oh, this sounds serious." Elma -> "Why don't we go in the kitchen, I can make us some coffee." Ryan -> "And we can finish those cookies." he laughs while Elma shakes her head.

**Riley is nervous about how her parents will feel about the news of her new job and the relationship that she might be starting with Maxwell.

Riley -> "First, I want to ask how are you feeling dad, mom told me that you've been sick." Ryan -> "I'm fine, just a little chest cold. Your mother is always worried." Elma-> "He was feeling sick and went to the doctor, he told your father that he needed to rest and that he was over doing it." Ryan -> "Well you'll be happy to know that I've retired." Riley-> "What?! Mom didn't tell me that!" Ryan-> "It was time. I've been doing a lot of work around the house. I hadn't realized how much this place is falling apart." Elma-> "We are actually thinking about moving. Riley, which brings us to Henry. We love him and we'd like for him to come with us to Florida." Riley-> "Florida?!"

*This is the perfect opportunity to ask them about moving to Cordonia. But will they agree to go?