Chapter 2 Heartbroken Memories ~ Riley

After leaving Maxwell's house Riley is deeply hurt and angry. She knows that she hurt Maxwell, but for him to move on so quickly with some "trollop" is painful for Riley to witness. She calls her friend Farrah. Within minutes, Farrah comes over to Riley's place.

Farrah has brought a couple of bottles of wine and pizza. After Riley has almost finished a half a bottle by herself she starts to really open up to Farrah.

Riley- I can't believe he would do this to me.

Farrah- You two were never officially together, just close friends, right?

Riley- That's true, but we both have deep feelings for each other. I haven't felt this way about anyone since Marcus.

Farrah- Your husband. How long has it been since he passed away from cancer?

Riley- It's been almost 6 years, but it feels as if it just happened.

Farrah- I know you loved him. Do you think he knew about you and Liam?

Riley- He knew. He didn't tell me he knew until he was dying. He said he forgave me...

**Flashback**

Marcus- I know that you didn't love him, but I want to know why.

Riley- Marcus, it was something that just happened. I never intended it to happen. I am so sorry Marcus. I don't love him, I never have. I've only always loved you!

Marcus- Liam has always found a way to hurt people. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, and I guess he wanted you and he got it.

Riley- Oh Marcus, if I could take it back, I would.

Marcus- What are you going to do about that? [he points to Riley's stomach]

Riley- What? How did you know?

Marcus- I know you, and I know that you've been different lately. I remember you being this way a few years ago. When you were pregnant.

Riley- Oh Marcus... I...

Marcus- I know it's not mine.

Riley- Marcus, please. We don't know that..

Marcus- Do me a favor?

Riley- Of course, anything!

Marcus- Don't let Liam near that baby. He will destroy it!

**Current**

Farrah- Oh wow! I had no idea you were pregnant.

Riley- The first one ended in a miscarriage. And the second...

Farrah- What happened?

Riley- I..

Farrah- Riley, did you have a baby?

Riley- ...

*Just as Riley is about to tell the story and Farrah's phone rings. It's her daughter, she's locked herself out of the house. Not able to finish her story, Farrah leaves and Riley is left alone. And all she wants to do is to call her best friend Maxwell, but she can't. **