Chapter 3 Lead Me On ~ Drake

Drake and his family are trying hard to put the pain and memories of what Liam did behind them. Avoiding the conversation is what Drake has been doing.

Mag- Drake, can we please talk about what happened?

Dr- I think it's best if we leave it.

Mag- Drake, you've been avoiding it and I think we need to talk about it.

Dr- There's nothing more that needs to be said that hasn't already been said. Liam was scum and I don't want to give him anymore of my time or energy.

Mag- It's not only about him, it's also about us. Drake, what happened that night at the palace wasn't your fault.

Dr- I should've been there, I knew the kind of man he was and I left you for a drink, Maggie. I LEFT YOU! I vowed to always protect you and that night I failed. I failed as a man and as your husband.

Mag- You didn't fail me Drake Walker!! Look at me damnit! {Drake turns and faces Maggie} I love you! I never blamed you and I still don't!

Mag2- You have been a wonderful husband and even a better man! That night could've been much worse than it was, but I am here. You are here, Liam is gone. I want to put all of that behind us! We have 2 kids that need us both! Drake, I need you!!

*Drake with a tear in his eye nods his head okay.*

Dr- You know, I didn't want him dead. I just wanted him to pay for what he'd done. He deserved to rot in prison. All the years without my dad have been hard to get through, but I never wanted Liam dead.

Mag- Drake I know that.

Dr- My family suffered because of Liam and his family. My dad missed out on so much because he had a job to protect the royals. I can't get those days back.

*Still holding each other, Drake takes maggie's chin in his hand and guides her face to look up at him*

Dr- I promise you, that I will never let any royal come between me and my family! You and our kids will always come first!!!

Mag- I know Drake, I knew that without you having to say one word. I will say though, seeing you as a cowboy is a bit of a turn on.

*Drake laughs and shakes his head*

Dr- Does it now? And what should we do about that?

*Maggie pushes Drake against the wall and they start kissing fiercely.. After a few minutes Drake pulls away and asks "what if someone comes in?" but Magggie doesn't care, she continues and Drake quickly undresses. "If I'd known how much me being a cowboy turned you on, I'd do it more often". Maggie pushes Drake down on top of a pile of hay and straddles him. Completely naked Drake and Maggie's bodies come together as one and find a fast pace rhythm. "Oh god Drake!!" Maggie cries out. Outside, Maxwell approaches the barn but stops quickly when he hears the commotion from inside. "Uhh this is... uhh.." Maxwell starts to knock but stops when he hears Drake groan and tells Maggie "Oh god Maggie I'm close..."

Maxwell quickly turns and runs away from the barn, "I'll just leave this in his mailbox".

After some time has passed, Maggie and Drake are laying in each other's arms.

Dr- Maggie?

Mag- Yes Drake?

Dr- I love you!!

Mag- I love you too, my grumpy marshmallow!