Chapter 6 Being King Is Challenging ~ Maxwell

Queen Andrea's family had her funeral and Cordonia had a lovely vigil for her, but that peace won't stick around very long. Maxwell makes a moving speech about finding the person that murdered Liam..

"I know that a lot of you are upset over the murder of Liam Rys and we are investigating the murder. I assure you that everyone involved will be caught and brought to justice. I ask that if you have any information that you reach out to us.

I personally give my deepest condolences to Andrea's family.

On the subject of the King, Since the Rys family is no longer allowed to serve, that puts my family on the throne. And I am happy to stay as King. I am more than ready to keep on ruling Cordonia as best as I can. The official Coronation will be coming up soon! Hope you all will join us in a celebration. Not only as I take the throne officially, but also to celebrate new beginnings.

During the next coming months, as we rebuild what has been broken, my hope is that we unite and conquer. That we don't let the past mistakes and misfortunes steal our future. And as your King, I promise to do everything in my power to keep you, the Cordonian people, first before any riches and gold. Thank you."

** Reporters try to ask Maxwell questions but he moves aside as Riley steps up to answer all questions.

"I will now take a few questions, please keep them brief."

Reporter1- How is the investigation coming with Liam's murder? Shouldn't that be put before some celebration?

Riley- I understand your frustration, the investigation is ongoing and I can't get into details. Next question

Reporter2- With the recent attacks, shouldn't we be cautious about having parties?

Riley- We have got the best security, and all security measures are and will be taken before and after the Coronation..

Reporter3- Is it true that King Maxwell isn't concerned with finding Liam's murderer?!

Riley- No that isn't true at all. Our team is working hard at finding who killed Liam, this is a top priority for us.

Reporter4- My question is for Maxwell, the majority of Cordonian people don't approve of your ruling, what are your plans to change that?

**Maxwell steps up

Max- I disagree with you on that. I think people approve of me. They finally have a King that is looking out for them and not themselves. Which is something that this country desperately needed.

Riley- Thank you King Maxwell. Before we leave I'd like to make an announcement of my own. I have decided to take a trip to my home in America. I will be keeping in contact with my assistant. Thank you.

*As the reporters try to ask more questions, Maxwell and Riley move away and start back into the palace. Riley pats Maxwell on the back and says "job well done Maxwell".

Max- So you're leaving?!

Riley- Yes, my dad isn't well and I need to go see him.

Max- And you didn't think that I should've been told before your announcement?

Riley- We haven't been on speaking terms, Maxwell. I would've told you eventually no matter what.

Max- And If I asked you to stay?

Riley- For work or for us?

Max- I..

Riley- I need to go, Maxwell.

Max- I understand. Give your parents a hug for me. By the way, when Are you leaving?

Riley- Thank you Maxwell, I am leaving in a few days.

Max- Okay, Safe travels. Let me know if you need anything.

Riley- Thank you, I will.

*Maxwell and Riley enter the palace in silence. They attend several meetings together with the council. The charges against Leena have been dropped and she's been appointed as a guard for Bas. Riley wasn't happy about the decision. But Maxwell is King. Since Leo didn't allow anyone from Cordonia at Liam's funeral, Maxwell has decided to hold a special vigil in Liam's memory.

Renee- Okay, then we will start the preparations and set things in order. This session is closed. Oh, Maxwell before you go, can I talk to you privately?

Max- Sure.

Renee- I was given a letter to give to you from Liam. He wrote it before he was killed.

*She hands him the letter and Maxwell reads it.. His face burns red as an apple...

Max- That son of a b*tch!!!!!!