6

The Alpha returned with a glass of water and handed it to Han. The Omega looked at him with wide eyes for a moment, surprised by the gesture, then quickly took the glass.

Thanks, he said with a small smile. So, Jeonghan spoke casually, taking a sip of water. You don't have a lover? He asked, his eyes scanning the room with apparent disinterest, avoiding direct eye contact with Cheol.

Cheol paused for a moment, caught off guard by Jeonghan's question. Uh, no, he replied, a hint of surprise in his voice. I don't have a lover.

Jeonghan nodded, seemingly satisfied with the answer, though his demeanor suggested a little curiosity about the Alpha's personal life.

If I had one, I wouldn't be having a kid with you, he replied, his tone matter-of-fact.

Right, Jeonghan nodded, a faint pout forming on his lips. I guess I was asking dumb questions, he admitted with a seemingly awkward smile.

It's okay.

Seungcheol, Han spoke, his eyes glinting with their usual mischievousness.

Cheol looked up, curious about what Han had in store with that mischievous glint in his eyes.

Yes?, he asked, bracing himself for whatever antics Jeonghan had planned.

Let's try getting to know each other, Jeonghan suggested, raising his hands forward in anticipation of a handshake.

For the sake of our kid, I mean your kid, he added.

Cheol's eyebrows raised in surprise at Jeonghan's proposal but a faint smile plastered his lips at the Omega's playful yet sincere gesture. Sure, he replied, extending his hand to meet Jeonghan's. For our kid.

After the handshake, Cheol took the glass from Han's hand and started to head back towards the kitchen. However, he stopped midway and turned back to face Jeonghan.

But, Jeonghan, Cheol began. The Omega's expression curious and expectant, waiting to hear what Cheol had to say.

I don't know if I have the right to tell you, but don't you think you are too defenseless? The Alpha asked, his tone gentle yet questioning, expressing genuine concern for the Omega.

Jeonghan blinked, surprised by Cheol's candid question. He paused for a moment, considering the implication behind the words. Maybe, he replied thoughtfully.

But why you—,

I mean you came at—

At some alpha's house that I don't even know and started living there, Jeonghan completed Cheol's sentence.

Yeah, I guess it does sound a bit reckless when you put it that way, Cheol nodded solemnly.

It's not just some Alpha's house. You shouldn't be going to anyone's house. You don't know what—, He paused, his expression serious as he considered the potential risks. I don't mean to pry, I just...., Cheol paused for a while, ....just want you to stay safe, he murmured to himself.

I know what can happen, Cheol, Jeonghan said with a nonchalant expression, as if he didn't have a care in the world and he genuinely didn't.

Cheol looked at Jeonghan, his concern evident in his eyes. It's important to be cautious, he replied earnestly.

I know, Seungcheol. And the worst that can happen is that someone would try to kill me, Jeonghan nodded, his lips forming a slight pout. And if he ends up succeeding, then I will die. That's it.