【TEN】

"ʜᴀʀᴍ ʜᴇʀ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

"ʜᴀʀᴍ ʜᴇʀ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏ ᴍʏ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ."

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Yuta grunted as his back met the training mat for the fourth time, Kiomi's shadow above his bruised form as the girl placed her hands on her hips impatiently,
"If you're trying to make progress then you're doing a really slow job at it."

The two had been training for an hour straight, but even so Yuta had yet to come close in defeating the Saki princess. The cursed boy winced, using his elbows to prop himself up as his dark eyes stared at Kiomi.

"Don't you think it's unfair how you have years of experience and I have... none?"
"That's not much of an excuse, pretty boy."

As Yuta's first week had passed, the cursed boy had gotten accustomed with Kiomi's nickname for him. Though the bashful reaction was still there, he wasn't as flustered as he was. He was also adjusting to the painful training sessions with the girl, having yet to actually beat her during any spar.

Sure, Yuta had his fair share of spars with Maki who would plummet him into the ground, along with Panda throwing him around with Inumaki to catch him- only sometimes it backfires as the cursed speech boy couldn't catch him in time.

But training with Kiomi was as if you're already fighting the enemy.

Constantly quick on his feet, Yuta tried to swiftly dodge a kick to his face, most of his moves defensive as he couldn't get near Kiomi. The white haired girl threw punch after punch, each getting blocked as she went for an uppercut. Yuta barely managed to back up, gritting his teeth as he went to kick Kiomi's side.

Kiomi naturally blocked it, running up to knee Yuta in the stomach before flipping him over her shoulder. Yuta held a grunt as he landed on his back, rolling over as Kiomi's foot made contact with the mat.

Getting up again, Yuta's face seemed to turn more determined as he charged at Kiomi, arms up as he did his best to hit Kiomi's weak spot.
'I'll just need to land a hit on her-'

Kiomi furrowed her eyebrows at the surprising determination, but easily crouching down as her right foot swept Yuta's feet.
The cursed boy let out a confused 'huh' as he felt himself falling back. Before his back could hit the mat once more, he felt one arm wrap around him in a slightly tight manner.

Yuta opened his eyes slowly, meeting the gaze of his saviour as she held him with one arm.
"Gotcha." Kiomi's smirk only grew wider, the glint in her eyes shining down on Yuta that could only make the boy more flabbergasted than before. Yuta's lips parted, a soft pink tinting his ears.

Without warning, Kiomi retracted her arm back as she released him, dusting her training pants as Yuta let out an 'ouch' from making contact with the mat once again.