【ONE】

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The little girl sat broken down on the floor, clutching her younger sister's dead body in her arms. She couldn't cry, nor scream, or even breathe right. Not with such an inhuman sight in front of her.

Prior to this, she thought she would only get beaten by her higher ups. Beaten till death would've been better than this. She could've died early, she could've died young, she could've gone to the afterlife to be in her family's embrace once more.

But nothing like this was what she wanted. She never thought that such a moment like this would've come, her gripping a dead body in her embrace, her eyes wide and white kimono stained with her own clan members blood. Her gaze locked onto the brute murderer.

"Nee san..."

The girl breathed out, her eyes petrified and her entire body shaking. What once was the clean and serene estate of the Saki Clan, became a bloody, dead body filled sight.

The killer in question turned around, her eyes dark, hollow, the shine that used to sit there was no more. She looked almost demon-like, an entirely different person from who she once was.

"What happened... to you?"

The girl's shaky voice asked out, looking up in fear as her elder sister was no more of who she once was.

The elder sister stood silent, looking blankly at the small girl infront of her on the ground, almost as if she never once knew her. Her ears then perked up, the many voices of the remaining clan coming close.

She hissed, her eyes glaring towards the source of the sound and cracking her knuckles.
"Go. Leave."
She ordered, not even taking a glance behind her.

The girl shook her head, "I don't want to leave you!" she yelled out, her tone of voice desperate as she clutched her younger sister's dead body even tighter. "I don't want to lose you again!"

The elder girl groaned, balling her fists as her palms bled out due to her long nails, "Shut up!" she yelled agitated, a pool of dark, murky liquid forming underneath her as claw-like arms grew out. "There's nothing here for you to save, Kiomi!"

Kiomi stared in horror as she saw the sight in front of her. Her body trembling as she got up, complying to her sister's words as she dashed out the estate.

As Kiomi was sprinting away, she felt the body in her arms get heavier with each step. The girl held in tears as her ears caught onto the sounds of more fighting and the gruesome screams of her clan members. At this time, she was glad her younger sister wasn't alive. She was glad that she couldn't hear the horrid sounds of blood being spilled by their eldest sister.

Kiomi then made it to a stop, almost collapsing in front of her deity's shrine. Her chest heaved up and down as she laid the no longer breathing body in front of the shrine.

"Lady Elysia... please..." the girl begged, bowing her head down as her forehead touched the mossy stone. In truth, Kiomi didn't know what she was begging for.
Was it safety?
Was it prosperity?
Was it death?
Then, she felt a gentle wind pick up, flower petals slowly floating down as they covered the shrine.

Kiomi looked up, only to be greeted by a mirage of her deity, her presence glowing bright pink as her eyes were a lighter colour. She was a soul, still lingering instead of passing into the afterlife.

The deity, Elysia, gently rested her palm on the top of Kiomi's messy hair. She smiled, a sad smile, as her next words came out so soft that it felt more like a whisper in the wind.

"ᴵ ᵃᶜᵏⁿᵒʷˡᵉᵈᵍᵉ ʸᵒᵘ, ᴷⁱᵒᵐⁱ ˢᵃᵏⁱ... ᴵ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐʸ ᵇˡᵉˢˢⁱⁿᵍ.."
___________________

It had been three days after the attack, the entire Saki clan gruesomely murdered by their own member. It was a red moon that night, the murderer fleeing as the sun rose up.

Geto was tasked to check the remnants, see if there were any survivors and report when done. As he made it in front of the estate, his nose already caught on the smell of mutilated bodies and blood. His eyes caught a few corpses, already having flies eating their flesh.

He whistled, "What a sight..." he commented, putting both hands in his pockets as he walked elsewhere. The reason why Geto agreed to the mission was simply because he wanted to see Elysia's shrine.

For long has the Saki clan been secretive about their family history, but now it was all in ruins.
"All dead but the culprit..."
Geto sighed, his eyes landing on the said deity's shrine. It sat on top of stone steps, flower petals slowly descending down around it. Though it didn't reach his expectations, he did feel the ominous presence of some sort, a soul staring into his.

Uneasy, Geto pulled his gaze away from the shrine and looked at the person in front him.

'A child...?'

The little girl had short white hair, soft lilac eyes and a blood stained kimono. She seemed to be on the verge of passing out, her body thin as if she hadn't eaten since the massacre on her clan. She wobbled on her two feet, her breaths rigid as her vision was blurry.

She then looked up, a tall man standing right above her with a shocked look on his face. Kiomi couldn't dissect his looks as her legs gave out on her. Before touching the ground, she felt herself being held up as her eyes were begging to close.

"Who..."
were the girl's last words before passing out. Geto sighed, picking the little girl up gently as he stared at her with soft eyes.

'What has the world done to you?'

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

: ̗̀➛ Loading information...

The Saki Clan

Not part of the three major clans in the jujutsu world, but definitely one of the most oldest, and respected clan. Their clan was founded by a god, a deity, whom they served their whole life in hopes of guidance and abundance upon their life. It is said, after the dispute amongst the last clan leaders, the people stopped worshipping their goddess, and left her shrine to rot.

There, her soul remains uneased as the clan ignores her pleas. The new, foolish clan leader thought that it was better to focus on the new rather to take care of the old.

News came that the Saki's princess, last daughter of the Saki's clan leader, had ran away and went into hiding.

For about nine years was she missing, for about nine years did the rest if her clan thought that she abandoned them.

And once she came back, forced back, she was found already having her own family. Both her and her husband were killed that same night leaving both children on their own.
Two daughters, the elder brute and showed potential.
The younger, weak, and too soft. Both left alive.

It wasn't until one day the eldest daughter came back from a year long mission, but different than what she used to be. She came, she killed, a massacre upon her entire clan.

From what was left, the only member left alive would be Kiomi Saki, blessed by a deity's restless soul and rescued by Geto Suguru.

୨⎯ Author's note ⎯୧
Also please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts^^