【SEVEN】

“ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ, ꜱᴜɢᴜ-ɴɪɪ?”

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Hospitals. Kiomi Saki never predicted that she’d despise anything that could rival her hate for her own clan. But so it stands, Kiomi Saki staring aimlessly out the hospital window next to her bed, her long elf ears twitching at each sound. The girl woke up about two days ago, just one day after the massacre on her entire bloodline. The horrifying images still flashed through her mind, an empty stare in her eyes with no energy left to give a smile.

What was once a girl with bright smiles, is now a girl whom anticipates nothing but death.

Her right elf ear twitched, the door to her private hospital room clinking open as the sound of footsteps made their way in. The girl needn't to turn her head, the familiar cursed energy already indicating the visitor.

“The doctor says you’ll be dispatched tomorrow.” Geto’s gentle voice spoke, his reflection looking back at him through the window as the little white haired girl continued to gaze upon what lies outside.

Sensing her quiet behaviour, the raven boy sighed, digging his hands in his baggy pants as he sat himself next to her.
“Nurse says that you haven’t eaten all morning… something bothering you?”

For once, Kiomi had the strength to look at her saviour. Her eyes were hollow, not filled with the bright glimmer that used to shone. The girls hands went to cover her elf like ears,
“Loud…”
She mumbled.

Suguru rose an eyebrow at this,
“Loud?”
“Very loud, hurts Kio’s ears…”
“But haven’t you lived with these ears your whole life? How come they're hurting now?”

Kiomi nodded her head silently, her ears drooping down and her hands folded above her legs,
“Ever since that happened, Kio cannot control it anymore…”
the girl pointed to her right ear,
“Out of control- hurts a lot…”

Out of her entire clan, Kiomi was the only one to have been passed down with the elf-like ears that resembled their restless deity, meaning that no one really knew how to deal with such a drastic change in their history of children. During her younger years, Kiomi always had her elder sister by her side. The elder girl would guide and teach Kiomi how to preserve her naturally elf-like ears, using a handful of cursed energy to change their shape and make them turn into normal ears.

In truth, Kiomi was able to control how much her ears could hear, but at times like this- she’d spiral down even further if the sound of squeaking chairs, wheels, beeps and water running continued. Kiomi felt overwhelmed, with nothing to calm her.

Suguru hummed at the explanation, averting his gaze for a second before bringing it back to look at Kiomi.
“Try focusing your cursed energy on your ears. Amplify it for a second and keep putting light pressure…”