【SIX】

“ᴏᴋᴀᴋᴀ! ᴛᴀᴋᴀɴᴀ, ᴍᴇɴᴛᴀɪᴋᴏ…”

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The five first year students made their way down the hall, Kiomi walking with a slight skip in her steps. She walked side by side with Maki, humming a tune as she smiled. The girl took glances at Yuta, a tad bit worried at his stiff stance while walking. Kiomi thought back to the moment before this, a scene replaying in her head non stop as the girl found it amusing.

“Besides, pretty boy Yuta won’t need my help.”

Yuta turned his head to look at Kiomi in an instant, almost snapping his neck in the process. His jaw slacked as he stared at the girl in pure shock,
‘Pretty boy!?’

Kiomi turned her attention to Yuta, holding a shit eating grin as she raised both eyebrows in amusement.
“What’s the matter, Okkotsu?”
“N-nothing!”

The boy looked down embarrassingly, nervously as his palms had started to sweat. Kiomi tilted her head at the boy’s reaction, finding it amusing as she chuckled to herself. Inumaki caught eye on this, wiggling his eyebrows whilst nudging her by the shoulder.

Kiomi unknowingly let out a small snicker, perceiving a concerned look from Maki who walked beside her.
“You’re going crazy?”
“Not yet…”

As her eyes peered over to Yuta in silence, the two met gazes. Yuta’s breath hitched for a moment, his eyes wide and his ears dashed with a tint of pink. The boy looked away bashfully, looking over to Maki in hopes to soothe the situation.

“Um, I’m looking forward to working with you…”

Maki stopped in her step, making everyone else stop behind her too. Kiomi looked at her friend in confusion, raising an eyebrow at the sudden pause. Maki stood silent for a moment, turning her head to Yuta,
“You were bullied, weren’t you?”

The question seemed to struck Yuta to the soul as his entire body stiffened. On the side, Panda, Inumaki, and Kiomi could only shift uncomfortably at the sudden pop of a question. Yuta’s lack in response was already an answer for the Zenin girl,

“Thought so. I’d totally pick on you too”

Those particular words made Yuta let out a broken breath, sweat going down his face as his body was trembling. Kiomi narrowed her eyes at Maki, advancing slowly before being held back by Inumaki.

“I wonder if it’s because of the curse… you act like a good person, but it feels fake. It’s gross” The girl spat out word from word, entirely explaining her opinion, “You’re being protected… so why play the victim?”

“I bet you’ve been passive your whole life. Without any goals. Jujutsu high ain’t that easy.”

Panda easily stepped in,
“That’s enough, Maki.” he spoke, his tone slightly irritated. The bear put his paw on Yuta’s shoulder, an attempt to comfort or even protect him from the Zenin girl. Inumaki himself gave a sound of agreement, giving Maki a look that made the girl turn fully towards them.