Chapter 9

She kisses his cheek and whisper yes in his ear. North and tooth come and join them "oh, poor little ankle bitter, look at her all tuckered out." Tooth fawns over her " I love her!" Sophie sighs again "I think it's time to get her home." Jackie stands up "how about I take her home?" Tooth looks over in concern "Jackie no, pitch is still out there.." Jackie smile "an no match for this" she says showing them her staff. "Which is why we need you here with us." Bunny says trying to persuade her. "Trust me, I'll be quick as a bunny!" She says with a giggle, she kisses bunny on the cheek and flys away with Sophie.

She puts Sophie to bed, but when she tried to lay her down, she pulled her down  with her.  Jackie tried to get her hands undone from her neck, eventually she did. Sophie falls to the floor, Jackie and little tooth look at each other in alarm as they heard Sophie and Jamie's mom. "Sophie is that you?" Jackie quickly puts the blanket down on top of Sophie, and her little sheep toy, and leaves. Jackie turns to baby tooth "we should get back.."

A girl in the distance yells out for Jackie. Jackie looks around and sees nothing, "that voice, I know that voice." The little girl yells for her again. She takes off flying, the voice was heard near the Forrest, when she landed, she only found a broken bed. She stops when baby tooth starts to pull her dress "baby tooth, I think your right, I think we need to.." but she didn't get to finish, because something pulled her down underneath the bed. She lands on the pile of golden tubes, she quickly saw that she was in pitch's layer.

Jackie takes her staff and shoots ice from it at pitch, "are you afraid?" Jackie scoffs "afraid of you? I'm not afraid of you." Pitch laughs "maybe not, but you are afraid of something" Jackie smirks "you think so huh?" Pitch turns to her "I know so! It's the one thing I always know! People's greatest fears." He turns his full body towards her "yours is that no one will ever  believe in you!" He makes a dark hole and Jackie falls through it. "And worst of all, you afraid you'll never know why, why you?" She quickly picks up her staff and runs away. A nightmare cuts her off from the tunnel that held the eggs. "why were you chosen to be like this?" Pitch laughs "we'll fear not, for the answer to that is right here" he shows her the golden tube "do you want them Jackie? Your memories?" She reaches out and then stops, she knows as soon as they defeat him, she'll get to see them. "Everything you wanted to know is in this box! Why did you end up like this?  Unseen. Unable to reach out to anyone." Pitch chuckles as Jackie backs away holding her staff "you want to answers so badly, you want to grab them, and fly off with them but you're afraid of what your guardians will think." She lowers her staff "you're afraid of disappointing them. Well let me ease your mind about one thing, they'll never accept you, not really!" She screams out stop it! "After all you're not one of them" pitch walks out of the dark, Jackie raises her staff "you don't know what I am!" Pitch chuckles throwing his head back "of course I do, you're Jackie frost! You make a mess everywhere you go, why you're doing it right now!" He throws her canister of teeth to her.

"What did you do!?" Pitch grins evilly "more to the point of what did you do Jackie?" He walks over running his finger a long her jaw line making her shiver in disgust. He backs away laughing in the dark. Jackie yells running along the tunnel looking for him with her glowing blue staff. She tries to get out of the tunnels "baby tooth!" She turn and hears pitch "Happy Easter Jackie!" He chuckles evilly as she gasps, she sees the colorful eggs that were now broken along the passage way.  "Bunny! He's going to hate me now." Jackie shakes her head "no.." she runs in the tunnel to the light side.

Bunny hides in the bushes watching the children. "There aren't any eggs!" A boys says, a girl says "there's nothing here!" The boy turns to her "I give up!" Another girl says "he didn't come!" Another boy turns to her "I don't understand, maybe he just hid them really well this year!" The girl says "I checked everywhere, there's nothing!" Bunny hops up next to the kids "yes there is! There is!  I mean these aren't my best looking eggs, but they'll do in a pinch." "I can't believe it" the little girl says "I know" replies bunnymund "there's no such thing as the Easter bunny" bunny looks in defeat "what? No, wrong, not true!" He bounces and hops to another boy "I'm right in front of you mate" the boys looks down in sadness "why didn't he come?" The child walks straight through bunny. "They don't see me.." he says sadly looking down at the pink egg he was holding. "They don't see me" Jackie walks up behind bunny, and watches as he crouched down in sadness. Her heart broke for him, she began to walk forward, when she was stopped by North "Jackie where were you!" She watches as tooth comforts bunny wishing she was the one to do it, but she was too ashamed. "The nightmares attacked the tunnels, they smashed every egg, crushed every basket, nothing made it to the surface." Jackie gasps as tears came to her eyes.