Chapter 8

They had a memorial service for Sandy, but Jackie couldn't join, during the middle of it, she woke up in the hospital bed, with an elf nurse tending to her. She was starting to feel depressed and felt like it was her fault. A few minutes later, she gets the all clear from the nurse to leave. She walks along the hallways to an open bay window. She sighs with a few tears running down her face.

Bunny walks into the infirmary to check on his bewdy, but she was not there. He quickly went up to tooth and Santa, "she's gone!" Tooth put a hand on his shoulder to stop his panicking. "Don't panic, we will find her, let's look around the workshop hmm?" North, tooth, and bunny went their separate ways. A little while later, north found her at a bay window. He watched her touch the window and ice appeared on it, it was the shape of Sandy.

North smiles sadly and sits beside her, "are you alright?" She sighs "I just.." she turns her head from the ice "I wish I could've done something." Santa gets taken aback "done something? Jackie you stood up to Pitch, you saved us." She feels tears run down her face "but Sandy.." north wipes her tears "would be proud of what you did." She looks up at him with glossy eyes. "I don't know who you were in your past life, but in this life, you are guardian." She slightly smiles "but how can I know who I am until I find out who I was?" Santa smiles at her, "you will, I feel it in my belly." She giggles at north as he pats his stomach. The two of them walk to the globe and meet up with tooth and Bunny. "I found her!" Bunny turns to see her up and smiling a little. Bunny smiles taking her hand in his paw. "Look how fast they're going out" Jackie floats around the globe, "its fear, he's tipped the balance!" She looks towards them with sad eyes. "Hey buck up you sad sacks! We can still turn this thing around!" Bunny says as hops in front of the two, standing on the control panel. Jackie slowly floats down listening. "Easter is tomorrow! And I need your help, I say we pull out all the stops and we get those lights flickering again!" Bunny smiles to her and turns to the globe with hope.

North opens the door to the elevator, and they all walk in. "Bunny is right" the elevator goes down "as much as it pains me to say old friend, this time Easter is more important than Christmas." The look of shock on bunny's face made Jackie giggle "hey, did everyone hear that?" Jackie laughs at him, he smiles and hops out of the elevator. "We must hurry to the Warren everyone! To the sleigh!" North says "oh no, mate, my Warren, my rules, buckle up!" He taps his foot on the floor, bunny grabs Jackie's hand and takes her with him into the hole, while the others fell in. "Shostakovich!" Santa yells out as they all fall down the rabbit hole.

Everyone falls on top of each other "haha! Buckle up, very funny." Bunnymund smirks "welcome to the Warren!" Jackie's eyes grow huge at her surrounding taking in the beauty that was the Warren. Bunny stands up on his legs listening and sniffing. "Something's up!" All the little eggs skitter across the cement path of the tunnel opening going their separate ways. The pitched screams has everyone on edge with their weapons ready. A little blonde girl runs out of the tunnel shocking everyone. She looks at them all holding three little eggs that struggled to get away. "Sophie?" Jackie asks and they all hide their weapons. She drops the eggs and runs for the little elf. "What is she doing here?" Bunny asks,as his eyes follow the small girl,  north feels around on his body "ah, snow globe!" Bunny panics "Crikey! Somebody do something!" Jackie holds her hands up when he looked at her, "don't look at me, I'm Invisible, remember?" He looks back at her feeling guilty, the child yells out "elf! Elf!" As she drags the small elf by the bells, the poor elf was looking at them for help and he looked absolutely terrified.

"Don't worry bunny, I bet she's a fairy fan!" Tooth flys around Sophie catching her attention, the little elf runs off. Sophie gasps "pretty!" Jackie smiles at the affection the fairy gives to the little girl "aw! You know what? I've got something for you!" Sophie looks to her in anticipation and surprise "look at all the pretty teeth, with little blood, and gums on them!" Sophie wails in terror running towards Jackie, whom was sitting on a rock. Poor thing is probably scarred for life. "Blood and gums? When was the last time y'all actually hung out with kids?" Sophie follows the eggs into a little hole under the rock "peek-a-boo!" The eggs scrambled away from Sophie as she ran after them. "We're very busy bringing joy to children, we don't have time for... children.." North says as Sophie runs past them.

Jackie makes a snowflake with her hand "if one little kid can ruin Easter, then we're in worst shape than I thought." She blows the snowflake into the air, Sophie laughs happily trying to catch the snowflake, but it landed on bunny's nose making him wiggle it. Blue sparks makes him eyes grow bigger and a smile appears on his face. Bunny takes Sophie as they walk around the Warren. They stop at a pretty flower, that birthed an egg?

"Wanna make some eggs yeah?" Sophie nods "okay!" Bunny takes her hand in his, he looks up at Jackie and sees her with a smile on her face. "Come on!" Millions of eggs walk towards North "rimsky-korsakov! That's a lot of eggs!" Jackie looks over at him "uh, how much time do we have?" She asks as the little white eggs pass her.

Tooth pulls her off to the side as bunny hops around with Sophie on his back through the flowers happily. Jackie giggles watching him, hoping for that one day. "So.." tooth says making Jackie look at her "oh don't give me that look! Something happened between you and bunny! You should've seen him when you were out cold!" Jackie blushes "he might have had kissed my cheek a couple times, and flirted with me." Tooth squeals catching the attention of the others. "Shh!" Jackie puts her hands up to her lips, she takes a pink colored snowball and hits toothy with it. Tooth gasps "no fair!" Jackie gasps making a large pile of snow. "All right troops! It's time to push back! That means eggs everywhere!" They stop, hearing bunny, tooth smiles and throws the last snowball hitting Jackie in the face. "Ugh!" Both women laugh, and get back to work. "Heaps of you in every high rise, farm house, and trailer park!" Sophie laughs as she rides on top of the eggs. She goes under Santa as he waves. "In tennis shoes, and cereal bowls! Oh, there will be bathtubs filled with my beautiful goodies!" Jackie giggles catching the attention of bunny, he takes her hand and they walk towards Sophie.

In the far distance, an elf was chasing a pink egg near the pink stream. He pushes the egg in front of baby tooth and does a dance, he turned, and millions of eggs walked out knocking him into the pink river "okay, that's little strange.." bunny who just put a beautiful flower in Jackie's hair, tells Santa "no mate, that's adorable" she saw the soft side of bunny, as he tended to his eggs and nature.

The elf who looked grumpy and a decorated in a million colors, pulled out his tongue and saw that it was diffrent colors, he happily danced with a smile. "There will be spring time on every continent!" Bunny says as he kisses Jackie's cheek and hops onto a rock next to Sophie "and I'm bringing hope with it!" He finishes with a bright white toothy smile.

The little eggs slide down the vines into the design of their choice. Mr. Yeti, was hand paining all the eggs red with a very concentrated look on his face , "too Christmas-y mate, paint them blue." Bunny tells him as he hops along the trail. He had already done hundreds of them, he throw his hands up in defeat, groans and falling over on the ground. Poor guy couldn't catch a break.

Sophie runs up to bunny, "oh, what's over there?" She runs laughing and picks up the pretty egg. "That's a beauty! Now, all we got to do is get him and his little mates through the tunnels to the top, we'll have ourselves an Easter." He takes her hand and walks her along the stone path of the tunnels.

With her dress flowing behind her, Jackie walks up to bunny and Sophie and sits down beside them watching the eggs go through the tunnels. Sophie cuddles into bunny arms "not bad" she tells him with a smile. She smiles looking down at Sophie, it makes her heart warm, as she sees the happy look he has on his face. Sophie smiles deeply relaxing in bunny's arms.

"Not bad yourself bewdy." Jackie smiles and then says "look, I'm sorry about the whole kangaroo thing, " he chuckles "it's the accent isn't it?" She giggles and nods, He takes her hand in his paw, "and I'm sorry for hitting the soft spot yesterday when we were fighting." She smiles and accepts his apology."and let's face it, you know our little arguments are sometimes the way we flirt." He sighs "bewdy I got feeing for you" she gasps " I was wondering if you would wanna go on a date with me?"