prom!

Bianca & Luke go to prom 🫣
————————————————————

"Give me your hand, Bia." Nico shook the bottle of nail polish in his hand.

Bianca reluctantly put her hand in his. "I can paint my own nails."

"But you also did your own hair and your own makeup. We want to help."

"Not true. Dad curled my hair."

"I curled one piece and then you took the curling iron away from me because you wanted to do it yourself." Will walked around her bedroom, trying to find her jewelry. "Which is fine, but you can't act like I contributed a whole lot."

"We know you like to be independent, but you know how we want to be involved." Nico painted her long nails a dark forest green to match her dress.

Bianca followed her dad with her eyes, watching him pace around the room like a madman. "My jewelry box is in the top drawer of my left bedside table."

"Ah." Will muttered, grabbing the box. "The one with the black pearl on it, right?"

"Please and thank you."

Will pulled the necklace with its matching earrings from the box.

"Why pearls, Bianca? Your birthstone is opal or tourmaline."

Bianca's cheeks turned pink. "No reason. I just think they're really pretty and elegant."

The doorbell rang, causing the three of them to jolt their heads up.

"I got it!" Bianca rushed to stand, but Nico grabbed her wrists.

"Not until this nail polish is dry, you don't."

"I got it." Will offered, rushing to answer the door.

Bianca muttered something under her breath as Nico admired his work.

Meanwhile, Will opened the door for the Jacksons.

Percy and Annabeth embraced him as old friends do, while Luke lingered behind them.

Luke wore a black tuxedo with a dark green tie, the same color as Bianca's dress. His blonde hair—that usually looked wind-blown like a surfer's—was combed and gelled into place.

"Hey, kiddo." Will said, pulling him into a quick hug.

"Hi, Dr. Di Solace."

"Bianca is just finishing up. She'll be downstairs in a minute."

"Papa, they're here!" She hollered from the top of the stairs.

Will pointed to the top of the stairs, as to say there we go.

Bianca hurried down the stairs, holding her dress above her feet with one hand and the railing with the other.

"Careful!" Nico called after her.

When she made it to the bottom, she was grinning and out of breath. Luke met her there, engulfing her into a gigantic hug that lifted her off her feet.

"Look at these two! Prom already!" Percy whistled. "Remember their first day of kindergarten?"

"Don't make us feel old, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth laughed.

"We are old."

"Yeah, Mom." Luke said, pulling away from the hug but still having his arm around Bianca. "Charlie's already twenty-one, and I'll be eighteen in June, which would make you the parent of two adults."

"And then I'll be eighteen in October." Bianca added. "Making my dads old too."

Nico swore in Italian under his breath. "Mei dei."