LA Surprise

By redlipclassicstyles on Tumblr

Originally Posted on August 25, 2013

Link - https://www.tumblr.com/redlipclassicstyles/59297726747/la-surprise-haylor?source=share
___________________________________________________________

It was my management’s idea to try and get One Direction at one of my LA concerts on this tour. They knew they would be in the US for the VMAs, which happened to be the night after one of my LA concerts. I honestly didn’t think they would agree to it in a million years after Harry and I had dated, but for some reason they had agreed and we had quickly planned their surprise performance all out. Usually we would rehearse with the surprise guest that day, but the boys had no time. Instead, I was told what parts to sing and that was that.

Harry and I had ended on mutual terms; but it didn’t necessarily mean we wanted to end our relationship. The fans had pushed both of us to the limit, and in the end we knew this was too much on the both of us. So since we were both okay with each other, why was I so nervous? I hadn’t seen any of them since the breakup, so I guess this was probably a normal reaction.

I took a deep breath and took the stage, my glittery LA shirt sparkling as I looked down, heading towards the middle of the stage. I had prepared a little speech to introduce them, and prayed that everything would work out.

“So LA, you guys had had your fair share of amazing special guests these last couple of nights… I thought it was only fair to end on a high. You get not one… but five special guests tonight. Five very fine looking, UK boys who you probably know… they go by the name of One Direction? Anybody know those guys?” The crowd erupted in screams, louder than I had expected. I giggled as the music started and I watched the boy’s wave from the top of the stairs. They all started singing their newest hit, Best Song Ever, as I danced awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs, jumping around as the crowd enjoyed every minute of it. I was enjoying myself a little too much, and jumped a little when I felt a hand take mine. I glanced to my left and saw Harry, leading me to the front of the stage as the boys all hopped around. His part came and he started singing right to me, as I made over the top gestures and let myself get consumed by the music and this boy I once loved in front of me.