Strong

Written by redlipclassicstyles on Tumblr

Posted November 29, 2013

Link - https://www.tumblr.com/redlipclassicstyles/68455972457/strong-haylor?source=share
_____________________________________________________________

And now it was too late. Her face was on the cover of every single magazine and every gossip site; the endless tweets and messages sending him crazy with regret. Her smiling face was glowing with happiness as she walked hand in hand down the busy New York streets with her boyfriend. But what bothered Harry the most was the big diamond sitting comfortably on her left ring finger.

As soon as Harry laid his eyes on it, that was it. He completely lost it, kicking chairs and throwing lamps around his hotel room, trying to find the words to describe the hurt he was feeling. Trying to figure out where he was supposed to go from here. He thought after a year he would’ve moved on; but it wasn’t so easy with her.

He didn’t know why but he had decided to call Ed, hoping one of his closest friends would be his saving grace. Maybe it had all been one big confusion, but as Harry thought back to the conversation, he started to feel sick inside.

Dialling his number, Harry paced the hotel room, his lip quivering as he held in all the emotions that had been building up inside for the last year. All the feelings he had for her would mean nothing if it was true.

"Harry?"

He was relieved when Ed answered, but still worried that Ed was about to be the bearer of bad news. “Ed, man… Is it true?” The long sigh followed by silence confirmed Harry’s worst nightmare. Ed didn’t even have to say yes, and Harry didn’t even have to mention her name. He just knew. “Fuck…” Harry’s hand moved through his thick hair roughly as he tried to wrap his head around the situation. Without a second thought, he threw his phone across the room, watching as it smashed against the wall.

Harry stared out the window of his high rise hotel room at nothing in particular. He couldn’t quite figure out why this girl had become such a huge part of his life. He felt like he couldn’t physically live and breathe without her; all he knew was that he could have fixed what they had, but he had been too much of a dick to step up and take responsibility.

He hoped the pain would go away one day. But without her, he was nothing. Life just wasn’t worth it anymore. Before long he had finished the bottle of alcohol, his whole body numb but his broken heart still ached. Alcohol was only a temporary solution, and Harry knew he would wake up tomorrow feeling one hundred times worse than right now. He felt like the pain would last forever. He needed her more than ever right now and she wasn’t here. She would never be here. She was the only one that could make him strong.

Taylor Swift had always been the love of Harry’s life. But Harry wasn’t the love of Taylor’s life anymore.