Chapter 92 - The Defence

The Next Day...

10am

Hope's View:
Everyone was awake and had gone to get breakfast.

I didn't feel like eating.

However, I did feel like getting out of bed and getting ready for the day.

So I did.

Opening the balcony door, I saw Grace eating breakfast as she looked out to the ocean.

"Oh- hi- good morning. I brought you some breakfast..I didn't see you with the other students so I assumed you weren't gonna come to the buffet."

I sat down on the other seat, the table separating us both.

* Thank you..

I took a bite of the eggs and toast.

It was really good..!

"I did research on this ocean, apparently there's dolphins." She said, turning on her pastel pink camera.

* Hopefully they'll show themselves, heh.

We talked and had breakfast, speaking about our twins. What we missed about them..I could help but bring up the question.

* Does anyone else know about your brother..?

"No, not yet..everyone assumed my brother didn't come because my mother couldn't afford it." 😅

* There's some truth to that..

"I mean, it's true she couldn't..but Benji and I got a job to pay for the trip. After we found out how much time he had left, he decided to give the money to Ma."

* I see. I saw him at school, all the girls were all over him.

She laughed a little before drinking some of her hot chocolate.

"Yeah, he got the looks from my father."

The balcony door opened and Slash came through.

* Oh hey you two!

Grace looked away from us..was she really that scared of everyone?

* Good morning Slash, and before you ask, yes I've had breakfast.

* Phew! Thank you for eating this morning. I just came to check on you, but it seems everything is fine. Is she your friend?

I nodded, getting uncomfortable.

* Aww, hi uh...what's your name?

She mumbled her name.

* Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. 😅

"Grace. My name is Grace."

Slash's face changed.

* ...you mean the Grace that robbed and hurt a monster group at school??

"Those are all accusations, I wouldn't never hurt monsters...I have nothing against them."

* Okay...I'll be with Luna by the pool is you guys need anything..

He left and Grace sighed.

* Did you hurt those monsters? I won't be mad..

"No, I would never do that- I don't know who's framed me but I need to find out..I'm not even-...nevermind.."

What did she want to say?

* Are you sure..?

She nodded, getting up.