Chapter 45 - The Light

Two weeks later...

12pm

Luna's View:
I was sat with Slash having lunch in the school field when we saw Solis approaching us from a distance.

* Ah, hey Solis!

Slash waved joyfully and I sat silent.

Ugh.

* Hey guys. I hope you don't mind me sitting with you...the other students keep giving me weird glares and stares..

* They do that to monsters all the time, don't worry. Come sit. :)

He sat down and we started eating lunch.

Don't kill him.
Don't kill him.
Don't-

* So, how are you finding the school?

I forced a fake smile out of me as I asked the question. Solis looked at me and smiled.

* It's nice, I love maths so I'm excited for the lesson this afternoon. Hopefully I don't fall asleep..the medication Sci and Amelia made to compress my brothers has pretty bad side effects. 😅

* Mhm, Mhm.

We continued eating and talked about stuff before going back to lessons.

4pm

Blue's View:
Delight and I were in charge of planning Dream's baby shower and gender reveal party and it was so exciting! We went to pick up the gender reveal cake from the bakery and decorated the living room in pink and blue. We cooked the food, laid out a pretty buffet area and moved the sofas around to there'd be more space.

* Hey, how's Harmony?

* She's doing really well actually. She felt safer being homeschooled which I didn't mind at all so Ellie tutors her online since she's at Harvard most of the time.

* Awww that's wonderful! I'm glad she feels safe.

We finished everything and I went on the surprise party group chat and told everyone we were ready.

Dream's View:
Cross helped me out of bed. Even though the infection hadn't stopped spreading, I was determined to be happy because I knew Sci and Amelia were working on a cure or treatment of some sort.

* Wanna use the wheelchair?

* Nah, you're more than enough support. :)

The strength in my legs had practically gone but Cross helped me everyday with gentle exercises to help gain back that strength. I held onto Cross as we walked out of the room and into the lift to go down.

Third trimester, excited?

Very, and worried all at the same time.

Eh.

We went out of the lift and to the living room. The light turned on and everyone cheered:

"* Surprise!"

I smiled brightly as I saw everyone. We went in and I sat down, taking a sigh of relief. Someone tapped me from behind and I turned around to see...

Realm and his girlfriend!

* Realm! I had no idea you were coming! 😊

* Couldn't miss it for the world! When Cross told me you were pregnant I was so happy for you two!

Cross told Realm? The irony.

Shhh.

I glanced over at the buffet section and saw treats and food and drinks but my eyes went straight for the glistening vanilla ice cream. 🍦

* Crossy can you get the-

* Ice cream? Sure babe.

He gave me it and I ate it like nothing else mattered. About an hour passed before Nighty stood up and tapped his glass to get everyone's attention.

* Good evening everyone and thank you for making time to be here. Now, all the children in this family are special in their own ways but this baby - to the parents - truly means the world.

Hope and Bloom smiled and held my hand.

* Dream may have birthed three...feral children-

* Uncle Night, you suck.

We all laughed.

* Heh, just kidding. Dream birthed three amazing children but this is Dream's first child with his true love, Cross. It hasn't been easy at all and I'm proud of my twin for staying strong. Congratulations Dream.

* Thank you brother. :)

Solis stood up behind Nightmare and my soul started to pound a little harder.

* I...uh...I felt really bad about what my brother had done...so I thought about something I could do. I knew that you'd always been really great friends with Ink and so..I sp-spoke to XGaster and Bete and...well..

The door opened and Ink was standing there, smiling.

* They've given me a break for a year!

Error's View:
I heard those words and dropped my phone.

He was back.

I teleported to him immediately and hugged him. We closed the door and went to the kitchen to talk.

* You're really back?

* Yeah, I missed you too Ruru..

I went up to Ink and kissed him deep, holding him in my arms. I could feel his ecto except for his back.

He'd told me about the modifications made to him.

Ink hated it.

I leaned in and wrapped my arms around his waist.

* I love you...*kiss*...so much..

* I love you more..*kiss*..

* CAN YOU GUYS STOP MAKING OUT AND COME SEE THE CAKE CUTTING PLEASE?

We broke apart and held hands. We went back to the living room and watched Dream and Cross cut the cake.

* OHMYGOD FINALLY I'M GONNA HAVE A BROTHER!!!!

Hope was so happy, he'd always wanted a brother...two sisters was absolute torture. 😂
The cake revealed in blue buttercream. We all cheered and Cross kissed Dream.

Maybe everything was finally getting better...?