Chapter 12

Liam says looking back at me, ''Welcome home, Luna Queen.''

I watch the vast and luring lake at the outskirts of the Castle walls by the forest. A few deer pause their watering and look up at the car warily, curiously. The Castle Towers are so high, standing proud and taller from the ancient pines of the surrounding forest that if it wasn't for the magical barrier, humans could see it from hundreds of miles away.

''Pretty big for a home though. I could bet at least one of you've got lost in it.'' I reply and add, ''My name will do for friends by the way.''

Liam looks at his King as if asking for permission which I roll my eyes at. Al shrugs as if saying, It's her name, her wish.

Chaol says without taking his eyes from the road, ''I bet others have. But not the three of us. Not when we grew up here playing hide an seek in the hallways ans inside the armors.''

''We were 'triad devils' really.'' Aleric tells me with amusement shining in his eyes at some memory. Childhood friends then. I can imagine what devilments they must've accomplished so far.

''I must be surprised that this castle still stands then.'' They chuckle darkly. 'Triad devils' indeed.

Chaol drives the Mercedes into a driveway leading to the Castle gates which are already opening for the car. Liam pulls down the window and nods to the guards who salute. The Gamma pulls the car into the car park and kills the engine. Before I even think of opening the door, Aleric is out and opening it for me. I raise my brows but smile, ''And here I was thinking the chivalry was dead.''

He smiles and says, ''Only for pretty Ladies,'' He winks at me adding, ''M'lady.''

I feel my blood heat with something I haven't felt for some time, since that hellcat, to be exact: jelousy. I can't help it. We're newly-met and yet to be mated completely. I narrow my eyes as I put my hand on his outstretched one, get out and ask, ''Ladies, huh?''

''Jelous?'' He smirks.

I gulp down the feeling. ''You wish.'' Even if he wanted other 'ladies' which he clearly doesn't, he wouldn't be able to be in any close physical relationship with them after the ceremony, anyway. Another sway of the mate-bond. My lips form a smile at the thought.

Mine. Only mine.

''Ours girl!''

I mentally shrug at her as if saying, whatever.

We go up the stone stairs to the front wooden doors of the Castle which are more of gates than doors.

''Your belongings are on the way here and probably arrive in half an hour, Queen Karalea.'' Liam informs as we enter the great, grand hallway decorated with various gold and silver carvings, pictures and ornaments. I just nod and mutter thanks while examining the old, glorious pictures.

The hallway is illuminated with daylight coming from the windows at the one side of the hall. Guards are stationed between every window. The expensive-looking carpet and the long curtains are golden-brown. Radiant chandeliers are hanging from the high ceiling.

I meet a few guards' curious gazes and I smile and nod. They blink and smile back.

I watch portraits of Late Alpha Kings with their Queens and other influential wolves in history, from pictures of scenaries of beautiful terrains of our Territory which I am yet to know where, to the images of Great Battles between werewolves and other species... Vampires and Witches....

I stop dead in front of a massive picture and my eyes widen at what I see. Others stop, too, either to examine the picture or see my reaction, trying to figure out whether I know what it is or not. But... this picture...