Chapter 8

Everyone drops down to their knees. I am too stunned to move. Others seem stunned by mate's outburst too. But why are they kneeling before him. Is he another Alpha or something? I look around to see other Alphas kneeling, including Edward-fucking-Gawwan. Unlike others, his head is up and he is looking from mate to me.

I look back at my mate too. He is breathing heavily, his eyes closed.

''I guess he is the Alpha of much, much stronger pack than the Golden Moon.'' I say to Helera.

''He surely is!''

I can't imagine what kind of pack mate has. A pack that can make the Alpha of the Golden Moon Pack and plenty other Alphas in the ballroom bow.

The Golden Moon is very strong and one of the biggest packs in the continent. And the Alpha of it holds some power over several smaller packs, with or without mate. Only few packs hold more or less power than the Golden Moon does. And the one pack that holds power over the Golden Moon and much stronger than it and all the other packs is The Royal Pack. And that's because even if we combined the strength of all the other packs in the globe and doubled it, it still wouldn't be as strong as The Royal Pack.

''So mate must be from another continent, then! We've heard about a few stronger packs in South America! No, No! Wait! Look, how cute he is, he is probably a European guy!''

The other things Helera says are intangible. I can't catch a word she says. She is practically jumping and howling in my mind right now, though I manage to control both of our emotions despite my exhaustion.

He probably feels my gaze, because he opens his closed eyes and looks at me.

Now, my life isn't in danger and adrenaline isn't washing over my body, I study his facial features. His eyes.... they're so, so beautiful. His midnight-black hair is parted down in the middle, covering the sides of his forehead. I study his thick black brows and sharp jawline, high cheek-bones and lips which I can easily tell are dangerously addicting.

I've never seen anyone so breath-taking. Any man so handsome. He is indeed tall and muscled. It is not hard to notice his broad chest even with jet-black suit he is wearing.

And his scent... I don't know what it is exactly. But it smells so earthy... cedarwood? And something like ocean mist.... His natural scent mixed with cologne might just drive me crazy!

Oh my...

His furious eyes soften when our gazes lock. He studies my wolf for injuries as he walks towards me. His breathing evens when he find none. None... except for the one on my right wrist. Or should I say, right front leg?

In the middle of all the crazy shit I was thrown into and the adrenaline rush, I only now notice my leg is throbbing. Of course! That fucking silver circlet!

At least, our plan worked, I got rid of it. Except, all the ass-kicking stuff being witnessed by a bunch of people including mate, and rejecting the Alpha in the middle of the ballroom while suffocating him nearly to death wasn't in my plan. I was supposed to lure the guards, get rid of the silver, shift and run away from the pack.

But when I saw him coming towards me, trying to command me, I was in the edge of losing control to my wolf. But still, I did all this in my right mind and would do it again just like that if given the same chances.

Mate eats up the distance between us, I stand still. A couple of steps away from me, his step halts and he stops, just staring into my amber eyes. Hundredth of emotions are unmasked and visible to all on his face... I try to read his eyes... anger long-gone, his eyes shine with lots of emotions. Happiness and pride being the definite... and something else I can't bring myself to believe.