Chapter 9

Dallimore

Aleric Dallimore

''Does he mean Dallimore as in Royal bloodline of Dallimores?''

''I don't think so, there are bunches of Dallimores in the Globe, girl! Why would he be the Royal one?'' Helera's usual sarcastic way of talking doesn't match the excitement and surprise in her tone.

I sit upright and look at him wide-eyed. He is...

''Of course, that's why his name sounded so familiar. 'Cause we've heard it before.''

''Exactly! Aleric Dallimore was about to inherit the Alpha King role when we turned 16. Everyone would talk about him at our wolf school. They had said the ceremony was being delayed because he was going to search for his mate, first.''

''We never heard whether he did or not, right? Though, we thought he might have given up the idea of a mate and control himself. We were in the Human World when we heard that we had a new Alpha King!''

Helera wolfishly-squels in my mind, but I am unable to even say something.

I need to leave my other thoughts for later after I clarify.

''You're Aleric Dallimore. The Alpha King of Werewolves.''

He nods slowly. There's something in his eyes. Worry? ''Yes, I am. But not fully.''

...not fully... so he indeed didn't force mated...

''So you did wait until you find your Luna.'' The statement is more of a question than a sentence.

''No. I waited for my mate, not the Luna.'' He looks at me with so many emotions...

I don't say anything, just try and do what I do best when I don't know what to do_think.

I usually need to recite everything in my mind to process and actually believe things...

My mate_Aleric Dallimore_is the current Alpha King of all Territories. He has the power to hide, protect and provide all the packs across the globe.

Yet, he hasn't been able to reach his full potential because he refused to mate anyone other than me? For 2 whole fucking years...?

How did he manage to persuade the Late Alpha King and Luna Queen to this?

''Does it bother you to be the Luna Queen?'' His voice pulls me out of the pile of thoughts.

I look at his dark brown eyes. There's something in his eyes. Fear? Fear of rejection?

I think about the responsibilities of the Luna Queen... I always wanted a quiet, easy life. Most girls my age do, I guess. Who would want to jump into piles of paperwork for the rest of their lives just after graduating the hellhole called 'school'?

I don't, if you ask me.

But rejecting him...

It's not an option here. I want my mate. And there's nothing in this world that could tempt me to reject him. I just met him hours ago, but already can't imagine another person as my mate.

So I say, ''I don't know. Maybe. But as long as I have you with me, I think I can cope with it.''

He smiles widely and his shoulders sag in relief, I grin.

His gaze moves to my lips. His eyes turn into onyx color when they go down to my lips and back up to my eyes. My breath catches. His own breathing changes too. The dark eyes move from my eyes back to my lips.