Chapter 2

I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm and get up groaning. After stretching my legs, I go to my bathroom to do my morning routine. I take a hot long shower. My gingery red hair is still a little damp as I comb it. It is a big effort for me to straighten its wavy curls. So I just leave it untied as usual.

Opening the wardrobe, I search for appropriate clothes for the last day of high-school and don't hesitate too much before grabbing a gray jeans, a white T-shirt and a leather jacket. I wear my shoes and grab my backpack and hurry downstairs.

My flat is small, but cozy. The landlord is kind too, though, demands the monthly rental at the beginning of every month which is not really big problem seeing I don't pay for it. My parents sent me here when I was 16 and I've been living in this house alone since then. I don't complain, I am alone but not lonely.

Even though, I prefer a life in the pack, I adapted to a solo lifestyle pretty quickly. Maybe it's because I was actually alone in my pack too. Yeah, I had my parents and bestfriend Edward, but it changed 2 years ago. I miss my old life. But not the one that turned into a jumble on my 16th birthday... or a year earlier than that.

I enter the small kitchen and throw my bag to the coach. Opening the fridge, I take ingredients to make a homemade sandwich and pour a glass of milk.
I eat my breakfast in silence, but in comfort and leave for school. It is pretty close, so I ride a bicycle to there. After arriving at school grounds, placing my bike near the gate at its usual spot with others', I enter the hall which is half full with chattering students.

Thankfully, everyone seems to be busy with themselves today and don't look my way as I walk to French class.

If I am ever good at something, it is languages. I love them, though, I don't have anyone to talk to. So I use apps to speak online with other language learners, read books, watch movies or listen to music.

But science... Well, how can I explain my sentiments towards it..?
So.... Let's imagine that I am told to do a random science test twice because I failed the first time... in this case, I would rather throw myself over the window than do this shit.

I walk into the empty classroom. I think I am a little early. I look at the watch. Yep. I have half an hour. Nice!

I take the seat at the last line and get my sketchbook out of my bag and start sketching. I sketch and sketch and sketch a little more as the room grows crowded.

''You really are talanted, Kara.'' I startle at Jack's voice and look up to see his smirking face. I didn't even sense him. And he was watching me sketching!
I roll my eyes and close my sketchbook, a picture of a howling wolf is left half-finished.

I search my bag for my notebook I use for my French classes and highlighters. And finally, I find them and take out of the mess of books and notebooks.

''Did you actually bring all books on the last day at high-school?'' He asks in an amused tone. I look up to see him still smirking.

''Yes.'' I say. End of the discussion, hopefully. But I am wrong.

''You know, Kara, I've been thinking, maybe you could give me your number?''

I lift my brows and stare at his arrogant and brown eyes. ''And why would I do that?''

His smirk grows and leans his on his elbow on my desk. I withdraw on my chair a little to put a distance between us and narrow my eyes at him.

''Come on, girl! I know you like me.''

You have to be fucking kidding me!

''I don't like you and I don't why you would assume I would give you my number. But... Let. Me. Get. This. Straight. Go away.'' I snap at him.