TWELVE

✧˚ ·

✧˚ · .

I WOKE UP TO FIND THE BED BESIDE ME empty. I hurried out of bed and rushed downstairs "did you see Alessandra leave?" I asked one of the maid "no, I didn't." She shook her head. "I'm pretty sure she left breakfast for you."

I looked at the plate and it was definitely her. Alessandra had a way of plating her food so I knew it was her. I was bringing my plates upstairs when my parents entered "did you hire a new cook?" My mom asked suprised. "No Alessandra made this." I mumbled

"Did she come back?" My dad asked with slight hope in his tone. He adored her, and so did my mom. They didn't know I got paid to marry her but ever since I realized I love Alessandra I paid all that money back to her parents.

"She left." I sighed heading into my office to see a letter laying on it.

Dear Dominik,

By the time you're reading this letter I've probably left, but before I did I made you some of your favorite Hungarian dishes. Please take good care of yourself, and forget about me. Trust me it would make you feel so much better, focus on your work and yourself, and try to work on that attitude of yours. And lastly to fulfill what you wanted me to do, I am now wear the wedding band and the engagement ring

   ~Alessandra.

I folded up the letter and placed it right next the picture of me and her together at the wedding. If I had to be honest on our wedding day I felt happy. It was the first time I had a real smile in a long time.

But of course I never paid attention to those details about myself until now.

I was sitting in my office when the same friend group came in "where's Alessandra?" Izabel asked excitedly "she left again." I sighed handing them the letter. "Where is this girl staying" Mateo said frustratedly

I just had a cold face displayed. When she left I had change alot. "I'm not trying to make the situation worse but Dominik you've changed alot over the past few months. You may not notice it but when you were around Alessandra you were very happy." Noa said

"With or without her I am still Dominik Szoboszlai." I spat "no you aren't! Like she told us, there's two of you, the Dominik with the tighten tie and the Dominik with the losen tie." Sophia said

She talks about me?

"I have to call her." Curtis spoke "put it on speaker." Saffie tells him. After 2 rings Alessandra pick up but I knew it was a mistake because I heard her murmur curse words.

"Where are you at Alessandra!" Curtis yelled through the phone "I'm somewhere safe, that's all you need to know." She sighed suddenly we heard of the intercom "flight to-." But it was cut off as she hung up.

"My sister is a smart person but she uses her smartness on the dumbest thing!" Kai sighed "go out get out all of you!" I yelled frustratedly. I couldn't handle it anymore, I couldn't.

They left and I slammed the door shut. I pulled out my band and stared at it her name was beautifully engraved into it. Where are you Alessandra. Where are you? I thought.

💫

ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE I'VE BEEN BACK in Köln, and I've been missing Dominik crazily. I then got a notification on my phone telling me that my period is 3 days late.

It wasn't normal for my period to come late, it'll either come early or right on the dot. The morning sickness I've been having, the late periods. I can't be pregnant. I can't right? Me and Dominik didn't use protection and i wasn't on birth control.

I hurriedly and grabbed my trench coat before heading down to the lobby walking out to the nearest pharmacy. I went to the isle where they had the pregnancy tests and picked up a few but as I was walking towards the cashier my eyes landed someone who looked like Kai and Sophia.

I could've sworn they saw me because Sophia looked at me. I panicked and quickly paid for the tests before speed walking back to my apartment. When I finally reached my floor I let out a deep breath and took off my coat before opening up the tests.

I followed the instructions and waited for the desire time which was 5 minutes, and it felt like forever, I pacing back and forth, before the timer had rang. I ran into the bathroom and flipped the test over. 2 lines.

I froze. What the fuck. I immediately pulled out my phone and texted

IMESSAGES

dominik - DOM
alessandra - ESSIE

ESSIE
Dominik, I need to talk to you

DOM
I'm busy right now.

ESSIE
it's important.

DOM
no the fuck it isn't! I'm busy
Stop bothering me, I don't wanna
Talk to you Alessandra.

♡