Chapter 13

"So... walk?" Liam suggested, avoiding Theo's gaze. 

Theo nodded and silently started walking towards the woods. "Yeah. Why not?" He smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry.""I'm sorry." The two apologized in unison.

"I'm sorry. You were right to be annoyed, and I would be too if you left for hours without a word. I just wanted to do something good to show your pack that people can change and that I have changed. I want them to see how much I love you and how my love for you has changed me for the better. That I would do anything in my power to protect you, and that I never want to hurt you again." 

Theo took a breath. "But I did hurt you, and I'm willing to spend every day of our lives making it up to you because I love you. I love you so much it scares me and that's why I've never let myself fall in love before, but there is something about you that is irresistible, and I just couldn't let you be with anyone else. I had to have you, I had to make you mine and even though you were mine I messed up, and now I've lost you and that scares me so much more than any hunter or psycho creature that wants me dead." 

A lonely tear rolled down his cheek. "If I lose you I lose my humanity, I'd become the monster I was raised to be. The monster I was created to become. I don't want to be a monster." Theo had tears streaming down is face. The truth potion was definitely working.

Theo turned around and wiped away the streams of tears from his face. If there was one thing Liam new about Theo, it was that Theo hated being seen as weak. When Theo cried in front of him, Liam never saw him as weak, he saw him as hurt, broken and brave. Liam thought the young chimera was beautiful when he cried. 

Liam closed the distance between the two and gently placed his hand on Theo's back. "You're not a monster, and as long as I'm alive you'll never become the monster you were raised to be." 

Liam spun the chimera around to face him. "You were raised without love and warmth, without someone you could turn to that's not your fault. You were manipulated from such a young age to think that you never deserved love, but you do, you deserve the world and I will show you how much you truly deserve love in your life." Liam raised his hand to Theo's face and wiped away the rest of his tears.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you and told you to leave. I'm also sorry that I thought you never loved me and that you would leave me as soon as things got complicated." Liam took a step backwards. "I am so scared that one day I won't be able to save you, and you'll leave me alone. I'm terrified you'll go, and I don't think I could live without you."

"Liam I'm not leaving you and if I ever do leave just remember that I'll always be with you. In here." Theo placed his hand over Liam's heart. "And up there." Theo looked up at the starry sky. 

"I'll always watch over you until the day I die, and when that day comes, just know that I will be up there with everyone we've lost, watching over you until we can be together again."

Theo felt himself tearing up again, and he could see that Liam was the same. He moved closer and cupped the young betas face in his hands. "I love you, and I will watch over you and protect you until the universe implodes."

"I love you too, and I will fight beside you until the world ends." Liam smiled up at the taller boy, who was still holding his face in his warm, safe hands. 

Liam stood on his tiptoes and gently kissed Theo. Theo was shocked at first, but quickly kissed Liam back, pulling the smaller boy in by his waist. 

The boys separated from the kiss and stood there staring into each other's eyes lovingly. 

"Do you think they'll buy us any food, or should we go buy some?" Theo questioned the smaller boy.