Chapter 1

"No, Liam, why is that sorry excuse for a supernatural here? You shouldn't be around him. He's probably manipulating you again." Scott's eyes slowly began to glow that fire alpha red.

"He's not manipulating me, Scott. I love him and so what if he's here? It's my house, you are the uninvited guests here, not him. I don't know when or even where I realized it but I can't live without him." Liam felt scared and nervous. he was scared of what Scott would do to him and nervous about the conversation he'd have with Theo soon.

Scott scoffed, shaking his head. "You are stupid. Can't you see what he's doing? He's the enemy, he's bad. All Theo can do is hurt you and everyone you care about. How can you, my beta, love a monster like Theo Reaken? How?" Scott walked away before Liam could say anything else.

Liam didn't move, he couldn't. "I love him because he's changed. He's different. He cares about me." Liam took a deep breath. "If you gave him a chance you could see that. See how different he is. Please, Scott. Just try. Please." Liam begged.

Scott didn't say anything he just turned on his heels and went to turn the music on while completely ignoring Liam and passing everyone else a drink.

~24 hours earlier~

There they were, the McCall pack in the middle of a school day, fighting a group of hunters in the middle of the woods. A normal Tuesday afternoon for the pack.

While the McCall pack was fighting Theo was watching from just past the treeline. Theo enjoyed watching them struggle but his enjoyment faded when he saw Liam struggling to fight off a couple of hunters. Liam managed to knock one of them out and was now fighting the other. Liam successfully fought off the hunter when he noticed Theo leaning against a tree just watching him. Liam smiled at Theo as the chimera began to make his way to the little beta. Theo smiled back at Liam's adorable baby face. While Liam stood there waiting for Theo to come to him he didn't notice the hunter standing about twenty feet behind him pointing a crossbow with a wolfsbane-covered arrow straight at him. Theo on the other hand saw the hunter but he was too far away from Liam so he started to run to Liam.

Liam was still watching Theo when he heard another hunter trying to creep up on him. Liam turned right around and threw one hell of a left hook and completely knocked the guy out cold. when Liam looked back at Theo he saw the chimera running towards him. The fighting had died down a bit and Theo was getting closer to Liam as the hunter stalked closer to the beta.

"LIAM! RUN!" Theo shouted as loud as he could but it wasn't good enough. Liam's whole body froze when he felt a sharp pain in his back. It pained Theo to see the look of Liam's face. He looked scared and in pain he looked like he had just lost everything. Theo's heart dropped, he ran up to Liam, catching him just before he fell to the ground.

"Liam. Liam, look at me, you're gonna be fine, okay. I'm right here. You're gonna be okay. You have to be." Theo was choking back tears. Liam nodded. Liam's eye started to get heavy. "Hey. Hey, hey, hey, no, no, don't go yet. Please, Liam don't close your eyes. I'm begging you, don't leave me." Theo had tears streaming down his face because he didn't want to loose the one thing in the world that saved him. Theo knew he couldn't do anything about the wolfsbane coursing through Liam's veins.

The pack stopped fighting once they realised Liam was down and saw Theo was the one holding him. Theo carefully picked Liam up in his arms and started to walk out of the woods onto the road. While he was walking with Liam Theo dialled and called Deaton. "Pick up. Pick up. Pick up." Theo was getting impatient.

"Hello. Beacon Hills Animal Clinic. Deaton talking how can-"

"Deaton, it's me. Liam's been shot with a wolfsbane arrow, I need you." Theo panicked.

"Okay, Theo take him to the hospital. I'll call Malissa and I'll be there soon." Deaton hung up without a reply and Theo made his was as quickly as possible to the hospital.

When Theo got to the hospital Melissa and Deaton were already there prepared to take Liam. The two took Liam inside and went to work on him. "Deaton, call me when he's aright. I have someone to deal with." Theo said as he made his way back to the fight.

When Theo got back to the fight the pack were still fighting hunters, there seemed to be more hunters than before. Theo paid no attention to the fight, he only had one thing on his mind and that was to find the coward that shot his baby Liam in the back with a wolfsbane arrow.

"HEY! YOU! You think you can just shoot him and I won't rip you apart? Guess again, jackass. I'm gonna make this hurt and if he dies, I'll turn you and lock you up until you go insane." Theo started punching and pounding the hunters body with all the strength he had in him. Theo was punching and clawing at the man even after he realised he was dead, he wanted to make sure there was no possible way that he could hurt Liam again. the ringing of his phone snapped Theo out of his thoughts.

"Hey. How is he?" Theos voice was drowning in concern.

"He's fine, still sound asleep but the arrows out and the wolfsbane is fading out of his system so he should be back to his normal self in a few days." There was a short pause where Theo breathed out a sigh of relief he didn't even know he was holding. "But Theo, if you're coming back please get changed and showered first, we really don't need anymore questions being asked." Deaton ended the call not waiting for a reply.

"Oh, Theo, you're back. Here for Liam?" Melissa asked and Theo just nodded as a reply. With a small smile she took him to Liam's hospital room. They stopped just outside the door. "He should be awake in a few hours. You can stay as long as you want and if you'd like I could bring in a cot for you." Melissa opened the door for Theo and left the boys alone. Theo smiled at Melissa and nodded at her offer while walking into the room seeing the peacefully sleeping beta.

Before Melissa left Theo gently grabbed her wrist and she looked straight into his eyes. "Thank you and I'm really sorry for everything I've done to your family." Theo whispered nervously. "No need to apologies, you've changed and I can see that." And with that she left closing the door behind her leaving Theo with an unconscious Liam.

Theo looked at Liam for a minute just admiring him before he spoke.

"You really are gorgeous. I'm sorry I always get you hurt little wolf. I just love you so much. Ugh. I wish I could tell you this when you're not completely out of it but I don't think I could anyway because every time I look into those eyes my mind goes blank." Theo moved closer to the boy and moved a few stray strands of hair from his face. "Rest easy my little wolf, no one will hurt you now. They'd have to go through me first." Theo gently stoked Liam's face. "I promise baby, I'll make you happy." Theo whispered gently as he place a soft kiss to Liam's forehead before moving a chair so that he could sit beside Liam and wait for the boy to wake up.

Theo sat in the chair with Liam's hand intertwined with his. After a couple hours passed Theo had fell asleep with his hand firmly gripping Liam's.