Chapter 11

Liam silently followed Malia. The two walked for a while until Malia seemed to catch a scent and took off running towards it. After about five minutes of running, Malia stopped in front of a cave and looked up at Liam as if to tell him to go inside. Liam took a few deep breaths and turned to Malia before entering the cave. "You can go running, I know you want to. I'll see you in a bit, Mal." Liam yelled the last bit as Malia took off, running into the woods. 

Liam cautiously stepped into the cave and instantly felt relaxed as the scent of Theo hit him. "Theo? Theo, you in here? Babe, I know I messed up, and I'm sorry. I love you so much, and I wish I never told you to leave. We should have talked it through. Please just come out so we can go home." Liam begged, using his wolf eyes to see where he was standing. 

Liam cautiously moved forward when he saw something moving in the corner. "T I know you can't speak, but please just come out so I can see that you're okay." Liam waited for a second and the figure moved closer, slowly. It was Theo, well, Theo in coyote form. Compared to his wolf form, Theo's coyote form was smaller, and its fur was a light grey instead of black. Liam was always jealous of werewolves that could fully transform but the fact Theo could transform into a wolf or a coyote whenever he wanted, made Liam more jealous but at that moment he was just relieved that Theo wasn't physically hurt.

The coyote moved closer to Liam but stopped only a couple feet in front of him, by this time Liam had crouched down waiting for Theo to come to him.

Theo could feel that Liam felt sad and guilty, but he wasn't ready to forgive him just yet. Theo moved closer to Liam. When he was stood just in front of Liam with his hand out, Theo decided to bite his hand. Of course, this caused Liam to jump up and yell at the coyote. 

Theo ignored Liam's yells and walked straight past him out of his cave. Liam followed after him, staying a reasonable distance behind the chimera as to not irritate him any further.

Theo and Liam walked silently back to Liam's house. When they got home, Malia was sat in front of the door waiting for Liam. The three went inside, Malia and Liam went upstairs so that Malia could change and Theo went to the bathroom, locking the door behind him. Theo transformed back into his human form and got straight into the shower, just standing under the water.

Theo stood motionless under the shower head for about half an hour before Liam came knocking. "Theo? Hey babe, you've been in there for half an hour, are you okay?" Liam waited for a reply, but didn't get one. After a second the water shut off and the door unlocked as Theo walked out pushing his way past Liam. 

"T, are you okay? Please say something, anything, tell me you hate me, just please say something." He begged, but all he got was a look of pain from Theo as a few tears fell from his eyes. Liam wanted to hold Theo and wipe away his tears away, but he could tell that Theo's mind was all over the place. 

Liam moved closer. "T, I am sorry. If I could take it all back, I would. You know there is nothing in this world I love more than you, and I can't forgive myself for what I said to you, I was just annoyed because you left and the voice in my head kept telling me you'd never come back, and I shouldn't have listened to it. I should have let you explain, and I should have listened to you instead of going off on you." Liam gently trailed his hand up Theo's arm, stopping at his bicep, his other hand gently grazing over Theo's chest and pulling him by the neck into a soft, sad kiss.

Theo pulled away from the kiss and let the tears fall as he stood in the middle of the room. Theo went into Liam's drawers and pulled out a pair of grey joggers that would have been loose on Liam, but were a perfect fit on Theo. 

"Come with me." Theo left the room with Liam on his tail and went into the kitchen. "This is what I was doing." Theo pointed towards the bags on the counter that were filled with junk food, all the pack's favourite drinks and about five new DVDs, all things the pack had said they'd want to watch or mentioned missing from their childhoods.