Chapter 27 : Punished

Chapter 27

Later...    

Riker POV

I panicked the entire way back home. It took about 2 hours to get there. It felt like forever.

When we finally got there, I got my suitcase and followed the foster center lady up to my front door.

Of course dad was the one to answer it. He talked to the foster center lady and signed something. And then she left. I shivered a little, standing on the porch. It's really cold out and I'm not wearing a coat.

"Riker."

I looked up at him.

"You're in big trouble."

He grabbed my shirt and dragged me inside. I don't know what he's going to do to me, but at least it's warm inside.

"Bring your stuff upstairs."

I took my suitcase upstairs to my room and then immediately got in bed under my covers. When I heard dad's footsteps coming up the stairs, I pulled the covers completely over my head.

I was hoping he'd just leave me alone, but I heard him walk in. He ripped the covers off of me and then grabbed my mattress and dumped me on the floor.

"You think you get to sleep in your bed after that!?"

He came over and slapped my cheek really hard which made me whimper from the pain.

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of my room. He brought me downstairs to the kitchen. This is always where he tells me everything I've done wrong and what my punishment for it is.

"Let me go find your mother. Stay there," he said, putting me in a chair.

He left. I know he said to stay here. And I'm really not trying to disobey. But I need to use the bathroom. And I'm worried dad's going to throw me in the basement or in the closet and I won't get a chance to go.

So I took my chances and bolted to the bathroom. And I got super lucky because I made it back to the kitchen before dad even knew I was gone.

He came back with mom a few minutes later. Neither of them looked happy with me.

"Do you know what you've put us through, Riker? Do you know all the paperwork we've had to do? How much money we've had to spend on a lawyer? Did you know that not all kids have a house to live in? A roof over their head? You're lucky to be here. And you act so ungrateful. You can be such an ungrateful little brat sometimes," dad said.

He slapped me really hard again.

"You need to start appreciating the things you have, Riker. Your father works very hard to make money and provide for you," mom said.

I was panicking again for whatever my punishment was going to be. I've had some really bad ones before. And this seems like the worst thing I've ever done, so I can't even imagine what they're going to do to me. Actually, it's usually just dad that does stuff. Mom just watches.

I got slapped again really hard on my cheek and let out a little squeak from the pain.

"Pay attention when I'm talking to you," dad said.

I looked up at him and tried to stay calm, but I was starting to hyperventilate and there were tears in my eyes now.

"I don't know what I'm going to have to do to get it through your stupid little mind," dad said.

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out the back door. I didn't have my shoes on so it was really cold on my feet.

"Maybe we need to try some new things to make you more grateful," dad said.