4. Dinner and Doubt

After coming from both families dinner
In the Bar

Taehyung's P.O.V

I sat with Jimin and Jungkook at the dimly lit bar, the clinking of glasses and murmurs of other patrons creating a comforting background noise. I took a sip of my drink, feeling the burn of the alcohol as it slid down my throat.

"So, Taehyung, what's been going on in your life lately? You called us suddenly to meet here." Jimin's voice cut through the chatter, his eyes curious yet sympathetic.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Well, you know how busy I've been with work. But now, on top of that, my parents are pushing for me to get married."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, his expression reflecting surprise. "Married? But aren't you against the idea?"

I nodded, swirling the ice in my glass. "Yeah, I am. But it's like my parents have already decided everything for me. They want me to marry this girl, Yena, from the Han family. The problem is, I don't even know her."

Jimin placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Hey, she seems to be a nice person. Maybe you'll hit it off."

I sighed, taking another sip of my drink. "Maybe. But marrying someone I don't love just doesn't sit right with me."

Jungkook leaned back in his chair, his gaze distant as he reminisced. "Remember that girl you dated back in Paris? The one who was so clingy?"

A bitter smile tugged at the corners of my lips as memories of that brief relationship flooded back. "Yeah, I remember. That was a mess. It's like she was head over heels for me when i couldn't grow feelings for her, even after I tried. I ended things pretty quickly after that."

Jimin chuckled, shaking his head. "You've always attracted attention, Tae. It's no surprise girls can't resist you."

I shrugged, feeling a mix of annoyance and resignation. "Yeah, well, it's more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather just focus on my work."

I leaned back in my chair, feeling the weight of the conversation settling over us like a heavy blanket. "Girls," I began, my voice tinged with frustration, "they're just too much sometimes. Always needing attention, always wanting to be the center of your world. And when you're busy with work or other things, they don't understand. It's like they think the world revolves around them."

Jimin and Jungkook nodded in understanding, their expressions reflecting empathy. "Yeah, I get what you mean," Jimin said with a sympathetic smile. "But you never know, maybe Yena will be different."

I shrugged, uncertainty gnawing at the edges of my thoughts. "I hope so. But if she's anything like the girls I've dealt with in the past, it's going to be a messy situation."

Jungkook chuckled, nudging me playfully with his elbow. "Ah, come on, Tae. You'll be a married man soon. No more late-night drinking sessions with us."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smirk at the teasing. "Do you think that anyone can direct me what to do in my life?"

Jimin joined in, offering some lighthearted marriage advice. "Just remember, communication is key."

I raised an eyebrow, amused by their sudden wisdom on married life. "Thanks for the advice, guys. Even though you're not exactly experts on the subject."

I listened to Jimin's advice, nodding along as he shared insights on married life, even though we were both the same age and neither of us had any firsthand experience in the matter.

But then Jungkook chimed in with a thought-provoking question, his words causing me to pause and consider his perspective. "Hyung, what if you really fall for Yena?" he asked, his tone serious yet teasing. "I mean, she's beautiful, mature, and successful. She might understand the value of time and work. Do you think you can resist feelings for her if they develop?"