2. Zipped Up Fate

At home, Evening

Yena's P.O.V
I stepped out of my car and entered inside and saw one of my house staff greeting me. I greeted them back. She told me that my parents and Soojin had already left an hour ago. I ascended towards the stairs, each step carrying my exhausted body. I continued the steps to the hallway to room, the anticipation building with each passing moment. Entering my sanctuary, I closed the door behind, enveloping myself in the familiar comfort of my personal space.

Author's P.O.V
Emerging refreshed and rejuvenated after bath, she stood before her wardrobe, contemplating her options for the evening. Since time was already less, she glanced at her wardrobe, looking for a perfect fit for the occasion. With a smile of satisfaction, Yena selected the dress and began to prepare herself for the party. As she slipped into the chosen attire, the fabric draped gracefully around her, accentuating her natural beauty. The sleeveless black dress exudes an air of timeless elegance. It drapes effortlessly to the knees, striking the perfect balance between sophistication and allure.

The absence of sleeves draws attention to the graceful lines of the wearer's shoulders and collarbones with subtle allure. The fitted bodice hugs the torso like a second skin. At the back, a discreet zipper adds a touch of functionality to the design, allowing for ease of wear while maintaining the dress's sleek aesthetic. With a final glance in the mirror, she felt a surge of confidence, ready to embrace the awaiting occasion.
Within 2 minutes, she was outside of the house and started the engine of the car to arrive at the location texted by her mother.

Venue: Kim's Mansion
Driving for around 30 min, the venue arrived. It was a large mansion. She parked the car and stepped outside. The party venue, nestled within the sprawling grounds of the Kim family's expansive mansion, exuded an air of grandeur and sophistication. After seeing the name plate, she realized that it was the mansion of Chairman of Kim Corporations. A red carpet unfurled before the entrance, inviting guests to step into a world of luxury. A grand staircase swept upwards, leading to the upper levels of the mansion, while windows framed breathtaking views of the meticulously landscaped gardens outside.The main hall, where the party was in full swing, was decorated with lavish floral arrangements, it served as the centerpiece of the evening. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, casting a warm, golden glow over the room, while soft music filled the air along with voices of people talking, adding to the ambience of sophistication and glamour. She entered the hall, and her eyes were searching for her family. In the meantime, she greeted some people whom she already knew because they were all from the business industry. A familiar voice of her sister reached her ears. She then proceeds in their direction. After sitting with her family, she questioned her mother about sudden invitation to party

Yena: (settling into her seat) "So, Mom, what's the occasion for this sudden party at Mr. Kim's mansion?"

Yena's Mother: "Oh, it's just a last-minute gathering. Mr. Kim wanted to celebrate his wife's birthday, and he thought it would be nice to invite a few close friends and associates."

Yena: "I see. It all seemed so spontaneous. I wasn't expecting it at all."
It's just that with everything going on lately, I wasn't prepared for a big social event."

Yena's Sister (Soojin): "Come on, Unnie, don't be such a stick in the mud. It'll be fun! Besides, it's not every day we get invited to a party at the Kim mansion."
After nodding, Yena took a sip of wine.
Soon, Mr and Mrs Kim arrived at their table with smiling faces. Mr Kim and Yena's father already knew each other, and it's natural to know people from the same business world and Mr Kim was a well-known billionaire businessman and chairman of Kim Corporations. Mrs Kim greeted Yena's mother with a warm smile on her face.

Mrs. Kim: "Good evening, everyone! It's so lovely to see you all here. I hope you are feeling nice here."

Yena's Mother: "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. It's always a pleasure to attend your gatherings."