16: Heart to Heart

You couldn't break away if you tried. His lips are being rough, and his demeanor is tense. You ease into his control, returning the kiss he is giving you.

"Mmm, Levi-"

"Just let me have this." He cuts you off, and continues to kiss you.

His grip is firm and his kisses are rough. Needy, desperate even. It only takes a moment for him to slide his tongue inside your mouth. He shoves yours out of the way.

His hands wander down your body and stop at your waist. He pulls away for a second and gives you the most intense stare that you believe is supposed to be asking for consent.

You tease him for a second and let his face get more and more intense. His fingers can't help but squeeze you. You decide to finally answer him.

"Y-". And you are cut off again.

He unbuttons your shirt and starts moving from your lips to your neck, kissing you as much as he can along the way. He kisses down to your neck, your collarbone. To your sternum. Your stomach. Your waist.

"God, Levi."

He looks up at you and then resumes kissing all over your body.

"If you missed me that much, you could've, you know, said hi or something."

He climbs on top of you, throwing his coat off.

"Shut up, brat." the fingers on his right hand gently wrap themselves around your neck. His left hand removes his belt.

He presses his thumb slightly into your neck, giving you the high of a blood rush. He watches you slump into it, the very corner of his mouth rises ever so slightly.

He lets go of you and orders you to sit up. He says to unbutton every single button on his shirt. And you do so. Slowly.

His skin peeks through the opening of his shirt. And with every button, the more you need to admire it. You need to touch it.

He notices how you are staring. "Go ahead."

You drape the shirt off of his shoulders and slide a palm up his chest. It's warm. Soft. Firm. You can feel his heartbeat. Your hand lingers.

Neither of you move. You both seem to just pause at this tender moment.

You don't get a lot of these. It's either bickering or angsty passion.

His eyes wander back up to yours and he softly pushes you down on the bed. He wraps his arms around you and pulls you close. You both lay there, not in any hurry to move.

After a moment, you softly speak up. A sweet silence lulls between each moment of your conversation

"Hey, Levi?"

"Mmm?"

"What is this?"

"I don't know."

His grip tightens just a little bit. You close your eyes.

I don't know either, but this is nice.

You can still feel his heartbeat, but this time it's pressed up against your back.

"Levi??"

"Mmm?"

"What are we?"

"I.... don't know."

You turn around to face him. Instead he lays on his back and pulls your head to his chest. You close your eyes. The room is filled with quiet and tranquility. His fingers scratch your head. You hear every breath he takes.