1: Metamorphosis

Ever since that day, you haven't shown an inch of emotion. All of it left you when your brother died.

You decided to join the military. You wanted to avenge him. You wouldn't stop until every last one of those fuckers were writhing in pain and suffering under your will. Naturally, you succeeded very well in training. Your impoverished way of living gave you a boost in the strength department. And your newfound lack of emotion showed promise for battle.

You didn't speak much. Your new friends did that for you. You drew a lot of people toward you, but haven't had to mutter a word. Everyone wanted to know who this mysterious new tough soldier girl was, and why she wouldn't talk.

You were never mean to anyone, but you didn't have it in you to go out of the way to be cordial either. You had your manners and that was enough.

You and Eren got along especially well through the shared loss of your family. You were both nicknamed 'suicidal maniacs' for your shared desire to take down every single Titan.

It's been years since the fall of Wall Maria, and training has been picking up as of late. You are in the 104th Training Corps.

Today is the first day of 3D Maneuver Gear.

An instructor stands in from for your line and shows you how to strap everything up, but not before berating all of you.

"Row 4, about face!" Your instructor yells.

"Who are you?!" He turns to the horsey faced ashy haired man standing next to you.

"Jean Kirstein, from Trost!" He replies.

"What are you doing here?"

Jean's eyes widen a little. "Joining the Military Police, for a life deep inside the walls.."

A tense quiet lingers throughout the crowd. It seems a lot of people want the exact same thing.

"Oh, I see... You want access to the Interior?" the bald man asks.

"Yes!"

The instructor slams his head into Jean, bringing him down to his knees.

"Who said you can sit down!?" The instructor yells at him.

You glance down at him. You could tell that hurt him a bit.

He moves onto you. "What's your name?"

"(F/N), (L/N), from Zhiganshina, Sir."

"Where's your urgency when talking to me, (L/N)?"

"Have you checked 'up my ass,' Sir!?"

The instructor scowls. You look up and find an arm coming towards your race. A big heavy fist immediately meets your cheek. Jean tries to jump in and take the punch for you, but he's too late. You take it like a champ.

It definitely didn't feel good. Your tongue moves around the top of your mouth to check for loose teeth. Everything seems all good.

"Your life will be hell here, cadet! Watch that potty mouth or I will hit you harder next time!"

A metallic taste forms in your mouth. Blood. You wipe it away. He continues to yell at you.

"Why are you here?"

"To fuck over all of the titans, sir!" You try to reply a little more compliantly. Your eyes widen a little when you realize you just swore to him again.

His jaw tightens. You could hear someone behind you gasp. You curse your stupid blabbermouth.

Before he could swing at you again, you block his fist. You decide you should do it yourself.
You raise your arm and swing. You show yourself no restraint as you slam your knuckles into your own jaw.