3: Trost

You leap, trying to see anything from the crowd before you. Too short. The whole village and all of your fellow trainees gather at the parade of soldiers. They are tough. Their emerald cloaks brandish in the wind.

"Need a lift?" Bertholdt asks. Ever since that night, Bertholdt has been trying to look out for you. You know it is from his obvious crush, but you hate passing up opportunities. He crouches and you jump onto his shoulders. His hands hold your legs in support.

"Thanks."

"There he is!" A voice shouts. "That's Commander Erwin!"

You see a blonde man with bushy eyebrows riding a horse before you. His hair is neatly combed to the side, and he as a heroic look in his eye. He seems to be lost in thought.

You scan the troop behind him, looking for anyone of interest.

"And look behind him! Captain Levi!"

You look to a man who already has his eyes on you. His stare is intense.

"They say he's as strong as an entire brigade!"

"Really? But he's so short!" You reply.

"Tch." He scowls as if he heard your comment.

He's quite handsome. His slender jaw is quite proportionate to his brooding steel grey eyes. A clean undercut is half covered by long sleek dark lengths of hair. Your attention goes to his body. It's quite toned. His clothes tighten around where his muscles seem to be quite prominent.

"He looks quite fit though," you mutter.

You meets his eyes again. He smirks a little before breaking, moving in his path. His jet black horse fades into the distance.

You see an old blonde soldier make his way to your friends. You beg to be let down, and run over to them.

"Hannes!" Eren exclaims.

"I heard you guys graduated the other night. Hard to believe you're the little kids I remember." He says to them. He turns to you.

"And you. I'm glad to see you've made it."

"Thank you, Sir. I'm sorry about how I acted that day."

"I'm happy you're okay." He ruffles your hair.

"Just because I'm short, it doesn't mean I'm a child!" You snap at him. He laughs.

"I heard about your first day with Commander Pyxis! You really do have some fire in you!"

"Oh, god. I don't want that to cause me any trouble. Who else knows?"

Hannes scratches his neck.

"Do the Corps know too?" You ask.

He doesn't answer.

"Fuck! People really do talk about me," you smack your face.

"Listen," Hannes gets more serious, "I'm sorry I couldn't save your families."

"It's okay," Eren place an arm on your shoulder. "I wont let anything like that happen ever again." He says.

You smile. That day sucked. It was the worst day of your life. It means so much how determined Eren is.

I hope my first impression with Commander Pyxis doesn't affect my first impression with Commander Erwin and his associates.

You dismiss yourself from the conversation and start out back to the wall. You have duties up there and you are cutting it close on time. You see a shortcut to your right. You turn. You scan the alley, but there's no sign of thugs.