Butterfly

Posted on July 21, 2014

Link - https://www.tumblr.com/redlipclassicstyles/92427638840/butterfly-haylor?source=share
______________________________________________________________

Her blue eyes, adorned with silver eye shadow and dazzling fake lashes, searched the room for the man she had been avoiding for the most part of the evening. The intricate beading on the seam of her short dress was starting to itch her legs, but she ignored it as she put on her sweet smile and assured the guests socializing in the room that she was happy for her two friends on their big day.

And she was genuinely happy for them. Ed had just married the love of his life, Claire, and Taylor was over the moon considering she was the one to set them up in the first place. And the day had been magical; she had never seen two people more in love, and it made her heart melt. But what was really putting Taylor on edge was the best man; an old flame and someone she had never really moved on from. The subject of countless, soppy love songs and another record breaking album, she couldn’t deny how hard it was to see his face again today.

A gentle tap on her shoulder was all it took to bring her back to the present, her daydream now a distant memory again. Her mood instantly lifted when she saw Niall Horan, his big smile and overall happy aura making her feel much more calm.

“Niall, what a nice surprise! It’s so wonderful to see you!” The two of them shared a friendly hug before finding an empty table to sit down and chat.

“It’s been too long, Swiftie! Watcha been up to? I heard the new album, told the other guys it was gonna be a hit!” His Irish accent and compliments made Taylor blush. Niall had always been so supportive of her and she wished they would have had the chance to become closer friends. He never had a bad word to say about anyone, especially not Taylor.

“Well thank you! I worked really hard on it and I think it paid off, you know? I um… I guess I have one of your friends to thank for that.” Taylor had finally spotted Harry on the dance floor, gesturing to him as Niall only assumed who she meant. She laughed awkwardly, wishing she hadn’t brought it up.

Niall sighed. “Do ya miss him?” He asked, and Taylor nodded without a second thought. There wasn’t a day that went by where she didn’t think of him. He had been a huge part of her life, the love she had for him was a love that would never fade. She just couldn’t find anyone like him.

“Every day.” She simply stated to Niall, a small amount of sadness to her voice. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and looked over to where Taylor’s eyes met Harry’s. He gave her a soft smile and she returned it, but looked away almost immediately.

“Have you spoken to him today?” Niall asked.

“No, I haven’t. But I don’t think it’s such a good idea. I’m sure he doesn’t need me back into his life. I’m a mess, Niall.” Taylor confessed. She hadn’t felt like herself lately and ever since the album was released, she felt like something was missing. Finally getting all this new music out into the open had felt relieving but it had also brought up a lot of unresolved feelings.

“I wouldn’t be so sure.” Niall assured her, but Taylor just couldn’t believe his words. Before they could say anything else, the bride and groom were called to the dance floor for their first dance. “C’mon, you owe me a dance, missy.” Taylor giggled at Niall as he took her hand and lead her to where the guests were surrounding the bride and groom. It was only right that their first dance was to one of Ed’s songs, ‘Thinking Out Loud’, and a personal favourite of Taylor’s. As she watched the newlywed couple float around the dance floor together, she longed to have someone look at her the way Ed looked at Claire. It was like nobody else existed and it was only them in their own little bubble of love. It sounded cheesy, but Taylor had always been a hopeless romantic; she just couldn’t help it. She was swept onto the dance floor by Niall and he led her around the floor, Taylor giggling at his lack of dance skills. When the song finished, Niall bowed and in return Taylor curtsied, laughing some more.