08

"This is where he tried to molest you???" asked the stout inspector. Naira, with tears blurring her vision, nodded meekly in her father's arms. Inspector threw his eyes all across the room. The family was educated enough to not touch anything as it was a 'crime scene' and Inspector could easily deduce from the ruffled bedsheets, displaced furniture and mounds of chocolates that the girl was indeed molested by a considerably strong man last night in this room. He fixed his eyes at the crying girl after studying the room. She was a teenage girl and looked innocent enough to not stage this all drama for a personal gain. Although as a police officer he had seen countless monsters under the guise of an angel which is why he wasn't ruling out completely the possibility of her feigning her own molestation.
"What do you remember of your molestor???" asked the inspector folding his arms. Naira sniffled.
"He had blindfolded me before I could see him but he had a long gash on his chest, I remember it distinctly." she told him innocently. Inspector needed more information.
"That's all??? Well, did he....i mean....did he rape you???" he asked gingerly. Visheshwar's eyes widened in shock. Nilima was trying hard to not slap this man across his face. Can't he see she's scared enough???
"No sir. But he touched me in a bad way." Naira whispered as she broke down in tears. Inspector gulped.
"Inspector didn't I tell you before that there was someone after my sister??? You never believed me now look that man has reached into my sister's bedroom and has assaulted her. What more will it take you to take action against this creep??? Officer, he's the same guy she met in the hotel that night. Nab him officer.....he's a psycho for god's sake." Nilima shouted at the top of her lungs. Inspector glared down at her.
"Ms. Dhariwal you shouldn't teach us...."
"I am not teaching you anything sir but looks like you don't want to do your duty. My intuition was right all along and it's all because of your inefficiency in taking preemptive action against this man that he has broken into our house and molested my sister. And dear officer if he didn't rape her last night doesn't mean he couldn't have done so or that he won't do anything like this in future." Nilima schooled the inspector. Inspector frowned. Neil was equally pissed off at the inspector.
"Sir did you find out who was staying in the hotel that night." asked Neil seriously. Inspector looked nervous.
"Um I.....we are investigating." he lied. Inspector Tarun had already found out who were the occupants of the hotel on that night. But Tarun had his hands bound. Superintendent Murugan was Narasimha Varma's brother-in-law and his biggest supporter. There was no way out there that Superintendent Murugan would take any action against Narasimha- the man who had the hotel to his name that night. Besides, who would want to invite their own death by inviting Narasimha's fury.
"Officer please....find this man soon. I am scared for my little girl." her grandmother pleaded. Inspector nodded half heartedly. He knew very well that he can't do nothing against the man that had assaulted their daughter last night.
"We'll began our search and until then you please don't leave her alone in case he strikes back. We'll post a constable outside your house for extra safety." he spoke as he picked his hat from the table. He left soon after that. Once he was gone, Nilima turned towards her father.
"He ain't doing nothing." she said flatly. Her family looked up at her shocked.
"Why would you say that???" asked her twin. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked him in the eye.
"For a police officer it isn't too difficult to trace anybody who's booked a room in a hotel, they have plenty of means to do that YET he arrives here empty handed. I am damn sure he knows that man and he is for some reason protecting that motherfucker." she spoke bluntly. Naira sobbed on her father's chest. The memories of last night were still fresh in her mind. She could still feel his dirty hands all over her body and it made her want to throw up.
"I think you're overreacting Nilima. Why would police side with a molestor??? I mean he probably was just a local goon or a wannabe thug or something of the sort....i think..."
"You're a fool if you think that that man is some small time criminal. He's a big man....somebody with influence." she told him sternly putting Neil in a quandary.