01

"WHAT ARE YOU BUSY WITH VISHESHWAR....GO WAKE HER UP. SHE'S GOING TO BE LATE..." yelled a man in his 70s. He was a lean man, quite fit for a man of his age, had his hairs dyed neatly in jet back just to hide the rudimentary signs of senility. Well it would be highly inappropriate to describe the physical features of a human but bereft you all of his name. His name was Mahesh Dhariwal and the guy he brutally screamed at was his son Visheshwar Dhariwal. It's surprising how Mahesh Dhariwal has been extra careful while naming his child considering both their names are the other names of Lord Shiva. Visheshwar, a mid-50s man, sighed tiredly. Sometimes it's just not easy being a father and a son at the same time.
"I am going father." he murmured before moving towards the stairwell. Mahesh shook his head in disappointment.
"If it weren't for me, this whole house will become lethargic and irresponsible. And irresponsibility towards my precious little girl....huh!!!! Disgraceful." he muttered indignantly before falling upon a couch. Picking up the newspaper from the small coffee table, he frowned as he realised that he had left his glasses in his room. He inwardly cursed his short term memory. The old age has certainly took a toll on his mental health if not so much on his physical health.
"Ahhhh!!!! The struggle of an old age." he whispered as he stood up and shuffled towards his room to get his glasses.

Visheshwar Dhariwal was an average looking man, a bit too lethargic and tired for his age precisely. His emaciated shoulders dropped as he lumbered towards his lovely daughter's room. Both him and his little girl shared a little on the looks but more when it came to their love for a good sleep. Visheshwar was fed up of his Monday to Saturday job as a customs officer, he needed a vacation badly and of course hours of undisturbed slumber. Reaching the door of her room, he knocked politely, yawning widely. Sometimes even a good bath and a Pooja doesn't fades away that strong urge to hop into the bed and doze off.
"Good morning Dad.....lemme guess, Nayu is still sleeping." he heard an over enthusiastic voice from his side. He inwardly rolled his eyes. But when it's your own blood, surely you can't look away even if you want to. He looked at his side tiredly.
"Why are you always so excited in the mornings!!!! Like what do you eat????" Visheshwar asked frowning. Nilima laughed, amused at her father's concern.
"Because mornings are filled with unlimited possibilities dad....but you wouldn't understand!!! You aren't philosophical..." she told him, eyes flickering with pride. Visheshwar watched her blankly.
"When you are a father to three demons all sorts of philosophy washes away into a ditch!!! Where's your stupid brother..???" he asked, knocking once again on the door.
"I am right here dad...." screamed somebody from the stairs. Visheshwar huffed.
"Breakfast is ready dad....mom's calling you downstairs. And where's Naira???? Ohhhh Shit!!!! She's still asleep.....Mom would be super angry. And what you guys are doing....get in and wake her up." and with this he pushed the door open to her little sister's room.

Nilima and Neil were twins and the firstborn of Visheshwar Dhariwal. But they were non-identical twins though they looked a bit similar. Naira was born 11 years later and it's obvious that she quickly became the heart of the family. Nilima was very protective of her while Neil was her biggest supporter and confidant. So much so that when Naira had her first period, she was so scared and confused that she only told her brother what was happening to her and Neil being a learned man quickly fetched her mother and sister for assistance. Naira felt embarrassed when she realised that she should've told her mother or sister instead of her brother. But fortunately nobody in her family made her feel any more ashamed about that since Neil calmly explained her what menstruation was and why was it necessary, so on and so forth. And quickly coming to the present, Naira was being roused up by her father and her siblings.
"Nayu look it's already 7:00, wake up baccha!!! Your friends must be waiting for you in the college." Visheshwar stroked her head as Naira slept peacefully cuddling with her warm blanket. Nilima rolled her eyes.
"I swear dad if you'll keep giving her head massages she ain't waking up until tomorrow. Step aside lemme handle this!!!" Nilima literally yelled at her father. Visheshwar gasped loudly. Was she going to shout at her little girl???
"Nayu get up, you're gonna miss your first lecture. Get up girl!!!" Nilima said loudly as she threw the blanket off of her.
"Take it easy please!!" Neil whispered as Naira groaned in her sleep. With the warmth nearly gone, poor Naira had no choice but to open her eyes and peer about.
"What time is it???" she asked yawning as she sat up on the bed. Her father placed her blanket on her lap while passing a glare at Nilima, she might've caught cold. Nilima, being the only sane person in the house, crossed her arms over her chest and looked down at her seriously.
"It's 7:30 dear." she lied. Naira's eyes shot wide open. She sprang out of the bed quickly.
"Why did nobody wake me up!!!!! Oh God....I'll be late...." Naira cried nearly hysterically. She searched frantically about for her slippers.
"Easy my dear she's lying.....Nilima stop smirking.....!!!" Neil said as Naira was crying while running towards the bathroom bare feet since the slippers would take a lot of time to be found. Once Naira had shut the door of the bathroom right on their faces, they turned towards Nilima who was smiling satisfactorily. Visheshwar narrowed his eyes at her.
"Was that necessary???" he asked, sullen and agitated. Nilima looked at him blankly.
"Yes it was. Now she'll come down on her own. Let's move downstairs for breakfast." she said authoritatively and walked out of the room. Neil and Visheshwar were sulking.
"Just like her mother.....so bossy and!!!!! Huh!!! Let's go downstairs already or else your mother will start shouting." Visheshwar told Neil plaintively.