Pilot

A/N I know this is cringe but It's my first fanfiction so be warned. Any (kind) tips will be greatly appreciated. I also wrote this on my phone so the layout is trash. Characters may be ooc a bit and this will be edited a lot.

Edit: Looking back, this is quite short but I do promise that it get's longer as the chapters progress. Please do not let the shortness of this chapter get in the way of you reading the rest. I will say, I start putting more effort into word count around 'coming out' and 'the test' I am slowly trying to post more chapters with between 1500-3000 words.  Thank you very much and I hope you enjoy. 

[Kanes POV]

Gold, it's everywhere around me. I am but an infant. I cannot even speak yet and my room is filled with my cries. My parents had tried to hush me. It was insufficient, they hadn't had me in a hospital. I was a home birth. My parents tried to hide me because they knew I was a monster. I looked like neither of them. My ears were pointy while theirs were fine. My teeth are sharp and theirs normal. Everything was wrong with me and the moment they touched my golden hand to inspect it they passed. Gold suffocated and covered them. I couldn't have a family from the start it seemed.

I do wonder if the traits that gave me these details and curse was that of recessive traits. Those that skip generations. I do wonder...

The features of the room were illuminated. I was the only thing that was not the metallic color. I guess my power would be quite useful for money.

I don't remember this, I was just an infant. I'm glad I don't remember. I only know because when 

I asked why I was with someone else instead of my parents, I was told this story. When I asked why I couldn't touch anyone, I was told this.

The room was yellow. The metallic color made its way to coat a vase of roses. A shinobi found me hours after this occurred. He was looking for my father when he saw the change in the house's color.

It was a month or so after the nine tails attacked, and it worried everyone in the village. I was found inside and outcast like Naruto. The ninja that found me though, took care of me. The male had white hair that defied gravity and his headband slumped over one eye.

His name was Kakashi Hatake. He was a friend and teammate of my father. I feel horrible now at the knowledge that I hadn't only disposed of my parents, but of my guardian's friend as well...Although I made my family frozen forever in a golden time capsule, Kakashi practically raised me. He gave me gloves to protect myself and others from my touch. This was a powerful kekkei genkai it seemed. I was told to hide it and not boast. To avoid people so the secret didn't come out. He put me in the school for genin when I was the appropriate age, where I tried to learn properly.

Kakashi tried to train me, and it worked somewhat but I have issues with controlling chakra. Maybe when I learn to use my chakra I can figure out my gold.

No one really bothered to talk to me here besides a small boy with brown hair named Kiba. Everyone else had their friend groups. Kiba tried to drag me into his but I declined. I was soft-spoken and looked scared of being around this many people. Whenever I was touched I flinched. 

I did not want to hurt anyone.

I guess this was a decent place though. I made a friend and am learning how to be a shinobi. I wasn't alone in my seclusion. It looked like the blonde boy with cat whiskers on his cheeks had no one either. The way people looked at him made me feel lucky I at least had Kiba. He has no one. I wasn't going to talk to him either. I wanted to, but nerves got in the way.

"You have pretty hair, Kane!" Ino smiled. I didn't notice her come up but I mumbled a thank you with a prick of pink fluttering to my cheeks. I liked the compliments. I watched her glance at me and then at the small pink-haired Sakura "Sasuke likes long hair did you know that?"

That made me look at my hair. I didn't like it a bit. It was too long. I was young but I was still self-conscious. I knew I was not meant to be in this body since I could comprehend the fact that there were both boys and girls. I've been born a girl and I will do everything in my power to prove that I am a boy. Well, once I am old enough to understand what I mean by that. Once I figure this out and exit the closet anyway.

I just hope the future goes well. I want more friends. Father said he'd train me outside of school hours too. I hope that goes well. I hope I can become a great shinobi and protect my village. I do wonder if the story of my birth is true though. The story of me turning my home into gold. If I am not Kakashi's biological child why do I look so similar to him?

Why lie? I see no point in it.