Chapter Seventeen

When they finally got back to the kingdom, it was starting to get dark outside. Blaze brought Willow to the kingdom jail. Not where he had been held but the bigger jail. He brought Celeste back to the castle after that and tended to the horses. Celeste looked tired, and her cheeks were stained with tears.
"We have to arrest the queen. Willow told me before she took me that the queen had hired her to take me to King Atlas," Celeste finally spoke. Blaze looked at her with slight surprise.
"We have to tell the guards," Blaze responded. They entered the castle through the smaller side door and went straight to the head guard. Celeste and Blaze explained the situation, the guards had known Celeste was taken but that's all they knew. Once they were informed about the situation, they headed right up to the queen's room and arrested her for conspiring against the kingdom. Celeste was too exhausted to even be there when they arrested her, instead she and Blaze went to her bedroom and went to sleep.

They woke up early the next morning feeling more sad than before. The king was dead and the queen was in jail, and now Celeste had tot explain to the children what had happened, in a way they would understand. She got changed and ready for the day. Blaze did the same, even though he didn't have anything to change into. They both went to the dining room and sat down at the table. Celeste sat in her fathers seat and Blaze sat at the other head of the table. When the children came out they looked confused and sad.
"Our mom got put in jail!" Petal started crying as she ran to Celeste and hugged her. Celeste pulled her onto her lap and beckoned the other children over. They all took their seats and looked directly at Celeste. Even Jasper was looking at her with his full attention and a worried stare.
"The king is gone, he was murdered by his brother. But Blaze took revenge and killed King Atlas," there was a pause, "the war is over."
"Our father is dead?!" Jasper said to her in shock. Petal started crying harder and got tears all over Celete's dress. Cedar was crying as well and Jasper was holding it in.
"I'm sorry," Celeste responded.
"That means you're next in line to rule," Jasper said half to himself, looking a little relieved.
"Yes it does, and I'm going to stay here and rule over the kingdom. I'm going to take care of you guys and Blaze is going to protect us. I promise things are going to be ok," Celeste reassured them. They looked a little less upset at what she said. Petal looked up at her, her emerald eyes shimmering.
"You're going to stay with us?" she said in a little voice, almost in surprise.
"Yes of course. You are all my siblings and I love you all," She responded and hugged Petal tighter.

After the conversation at the breakfast table, Celeste gave the kids off of home school for a few days to recover from both their parents being taken from them too soon. Her and Blaze spent most of the day in the garden, lying on a blanket and trying to forget what happened the day before. Celeste was scheduled to be crowned Queen of the kingdom in a few days and she was nervous. She was going to have to present herself to the kingdom, even though she hadn't grown up there and returned recently.
For a minute, she thought about the human realm, school, her mother and Claire. She had put all that behind her to come here and meet her father. She had lost her human self and is now going to be Queen of a kingdom. Celeste smiled a little to herself and looked at Blaze. It was all because of him this had happened. From the first time he brought her here, when he saved her multiple times. Celeste hugged him and planted a kiss on his lips.
"What made you so happy?" he asked, smiling at her.
"Just thinking about everything that we had gone through to get here. Now I'm going to be a queen and I'm going to better the kingdom for the good of the people. Before I was just in high school getting bullied for looking different. But you saved me and brought me to another world. I met my father and siblings. I'm just so happy. I love you," she ended and blushed.
"You deserve it all, and I'm happy I was the one who was able to bring you and open you up to this new realm. I'm never going to leave you, and I want to stay and protect you forever. I love you too," Blaze leaned down and kissed her hard on the lips. They lied down, not breaking the kiss and started kissing harder and deeper.
When they stopped, they lied together and watched the clouds, relaxing and recovering from the previous events.