Chapter Twelve

The guards came closer to them and blaze put Celeste behind him in a protective way. They grabbed him as she struggled and then got Celeste, who was in a state of shock and did not resist.
    "This is your daughter, why would you do this to her?" Blaze yelled at the king. He got no response as he and Celeste were carried away from the king and down the hall to a staircase going down. They went down for a while until finally they were somewhere dark and cold. There were faint sounds of water dripping off the ceiling. The guards put Celeste in a cell that contained hay to sleep on, and an old empty potato sack for a blanket.
    The cells were made of bars in the front and the other three walls were stone. Blaze was put next to Celeste so they couldn't see each other and make a plan to escape. Once they were both locked in their cells, the guards left and went back up the stairs. One remained at the bottom facing them and watching but the look in his eye said he wasn't paying attention to them.   
    "Come over here quietly," Blaze whispered from the front of his cell. Celeste slowly crawled over to the side Blaze was in.
    "I'm here," she said when settled.
    "We have to get out of here. I don't know if he didn't believe us. He should've felt your aura. When you took off the servant outfit you left your necklace in that room but I allowed it for my plan," Blaze said, thinking out loud a little.
    "How are we going to get out of here?" she asked him. She was starting to get scared and missed her home at this time. She missed her normal life at school and home where she wasn't bothered much except by her bully. She didn't want to be locked up in a kingdom of the Fae Realm.
    "I don't know yet, but I'll figure it out I promise," Blaze responded.
    Celeste felt the pit of her stomach drop. 'He doesn't have a plan?' she thought to herself. She felt sick, and crawled to the pile of hay on the ground. She lied down and closed her eyes, ending up falling asleep.

Celeste woke up to the sound of voices coming from the stairwell they were brought down earlier. The one voice was familiar, but she couldn't place it.
    "I'll only be a minute. Go upstairs and when I'm done you will come back down," the one voice said, sternly. Celeste heard the footsteps of someone walking up the stairs. She waited a minute and the king appeared and looked at her with his bright green eyes.
    "Listen, I need to talk to you, now." he said looking at Celeste.
    "Why should I listen to you when you locked up your own daughter?" she spat back, angry he let her get locked up.
    "No, it's all a misunderstanding. My wife, the queen, is very skittish right now because we are at war. You and the guy with you are new in the castle. We noticed right away and that's why you were locked up. Both of you broke into the castle and that's a crime," he explained.
    "The queen is in charge?" Celeste asked in confusion.
    "No, but she is very worried right now about security. Listen, if you can prove you're my blood to the others then you will be freed," he responded.
    "I can show my healing powers!" Celeste said as the idea popped into her head. Since only the royal blood faeries can use healing magic she could show how she can also use it and they'd have to believe her.
    "Yes, that's perfect. I will set up the demonstration for today so be ready. As for the boy," he broke eye contact and Celeste couldn't read his expression, "he has to stay in the cell. We found out his identity and he is wanted for abandoning his people in time of need."
    "I won't come out unless you let Blaze out with me," Celeste said angrily.
    "I'm sorry but these are the rules and I can't do anything to change them," the king said sadly. He stood up and started walking to the staircase.
    "Remember to be ready," he said over his shoulder.
    Celeste sat there awkwardly knowing that Blaze had heard everything the king had said. He stayed silent. She had to figure out a way to get them both out of the cells, but then what? Do they go back to the human world? Will she get to know her father?
    Celeste had tons of questions swimming around her head, making it hurt. She lied back down on the hay and tried to relax until it was time to show her powers.
    After what felt like hours, a guard went down and exchanged quick words with the man guarding Blaze and Celeste. He came over and opened Celeste's cell. Then he ties her hands together to make sure she wasn't able to use them until needed.
    They walked up the stairs and back to the main throne room. There was a group of people standing around waiting for her arrival. There were three younger looking faeries standing next to a woman with straight red hair to her shoulders and hazel eyes. She had tan skin and a beautiful silver and gold crown on her head. They stood in the front of the groups and other men and women were standing around them.    
    "Well, let's get to it then. Prove to us your royal blood, or you'll have to face the consequences of breaking into the castle," the queen said harshly, almost like she didn't believe she was related to the king.
    Celeste stepped forward so the group could see her better. A guy with dark hair wearing robes came over to her suddenly. He sliced a knife through her thigh, not going too deep but just deep enough for blood to spill down her leg. He backed away and looked at her, waiting for her to use her powers.
    Celeste realized this was how she was going to prove she could heal. She had to heal herself, which she hadn't done before. She felt a little more confident because she knew how to store energy and let it out slowly when using magic. She focused quickly on her energy and brought it to her hands like she did before with Blaze. She brought her hands to her leg and held them over it. Her hands started to glow and the wound on her leg closed up, looking as if nothing had happened. The group of people gasped in shock, and then the queen spoke.    
    "This does not make you true royalty. You will never be like us," She said with a stinging tone to her voice, looking directly into Celeste's eyes.