Chapter Two

"Thank you, you didn't have to help me up," she said shyly.
"I wanted to help. I didn't see what had happened but I'm sorry you're treated like that. It isn't right," he said with a sigh, looking up into the deep blue sky in thought.
"I'm Celeste," She said a little quietly. He looked back at her and smiled. He then seemed to notice something because his eyes got bigger in surprise. Celeste realized that her ear had been sticking out because of falling and being beaten up, it had gotten her hair messed up. She quickly hid her ear again and thought about mentioning seeing his were the same but decided not to.
"I'm Blaze, today was my first day here. I just moved here from another area," he said to her, not mentioning any more details.
Celeste noticed while they were talking the buses had left and the only option to get home was to walk at this point.
"I can walk you home if you'd like," Blaze said, almost like he read her mind.
"You don't have to do that but thank you."
"I insist, let me walk you home," he said.
"Ok, it's not that far a walk. This way," Celeste started to walk in the direction of her house and Blaze followed.
While walking home at first they didn't talk much, but curiosity was starting to get the best of Celeste and she couldn't help herself getting nosey.
"Why do I feel like I already know you, or have seen you somewhere before?" She stopped walking and looked right at him. He looked thrown off for a second, but then composed again.
"I'm not sure, but if you'd like to come back with me to my house I can explain."
Celeste was confused because she got a bigger answer than what she had asked. She was suddenly really curious and wanted to know what explanation he had for something so strange. She got a little worried thinking about going to his house and not even knowing him. What if he did something to her?
"Ok," She said hesitantly, still not trusting this strange boy. She followed him to his house and it ended up being right near her own house. He led her up some stone stairs and to a door. It was a house connected to other homes in a row, so there were other people around them. 'Good, witnesses just in case' she thought.
"Come on in," he said, unlocking and opening the door. When they walked in it looked like any other house, a couch and tv, a kitchen and table, stairs leading to what Celeste thought were the bedrooms. They sat on the couch as she kept looking around his place.
She noticed that no one was there and it was really neat. It looked like only one person lived here.
"When does your family come home?" Celeste asked.
"I actually live here alone."
"Oh," Celeste got more nervous now considering they'd be completely alone. Blaze, without saying anything, tucked his hair behind his ears and let them show. He then waited for Celeste's response.
"Your ears are almost like mine," she pulled out her slightly shorter and more human-like ears.
"I'm not from here. I live in the Fae Realm and I came here to find a better life for myself," Blaze said, kind of losing her gaze when he spoke.
"Why do I have similar ears to yours? What is the Fae Realm? What are you?" Celeste was overwhelmed and didn't know how to comprehend what she was just told.
"Whoa Whoa calm down and i'll explain what I can. I wasn't sure at first but now I am. You're a Faerie like me, except you're half human. I'm not sure about the details but did you get any weird feelings now or even when you first saw me?" he asked.
"Actually yes I did and I wasn't sure what it was."
"It's because we're both creatures of nature from the Fae Realm. Since we're in the human world right now our magic isn't strong but we are still able to feel each other's presence even in a crowd. Once you're used to it, you can identify who's specifically around you because of different aura's," he explained.
"What? I can't be a Faerie! None of this makes any sense," Celeste's head was spinning and she started to think about her Father. She knew nothing about him, and her Mother wouldn't budge about the subject. Could it be possible that's where he was from and that's why she's never met him?
"Try to relax and take a breath, it's going to be ok. I'm not even sure how you were able to live in the human world like this. Unless they don't know about you..." Blaze trailed off in thought.
Celeste started thinking about "them" and who they could be and what they would want with her and why this is all happening so fast. She thought about her father and who he might be, why he left her and why she doesn't have any memories as a child. All these questions arose at once and it was so overwhelming Celeste started to shake like a leaf.
"I know it's a lot of information I gave you in little detail. I'm sorry I don't know more about your situation but I'm here for you. I want to help you in any way I can," Blaze said kindly, lightly brushing his hand against hers to try to calm her down.
Celeste started to tear up as she curled into a ball with all these overwhelming emotions and thoughts. The main thing going around her head were questions about her father, and if she was really half faerie how did she get here to the human world?
"Do you want me to take you to the Fae Realm?" Blaze said, while holding Celeste's hand as she cried. She looked up at him in shock and slowly nodded yes.
"Alright, we'll go tomorrow after school then." Blaze decided without hesitation.