Ivar the boneless

The morning sun gently kissed my eyelids, I stirred from my slumber, feeling rejuvenated and eager for the day ahead. The comfort of the lavish bedding wrapped around me like a warm embrace, reminding me of the new journey I am now to embarked on.

I missed the girls but thankful for the beddings were nothing like the maid chambers in the house, that I didn't miss.

With a sense of anticipation coursing through me, I rose from my bed, the excitement for what awaited me palpable in the air with the equally suffocating danger of the situation. My chambers, situated next to his, radiated a sense of comfort and warmth, filling me with a newfound sense of belonging.

Maybe this could be home. I wasn't sure if I meant Ephesus or here beside kaius as his personal maid. *Sigh*

Opening the medium-sized window on the other side of the room, I was greeted by the awe-inspiring view of the kingdom below, bathed in the soft glow of the morning light. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I savored the promise of the day ahead.

I hurried and completed my morning routine to be out of my chamber before 8 am as I wasn't sure what time kaius woke and the last thing I needed was to be late.

Plus I could never tell the mood he was in and wished to finish so I could sneak away to the ballroom to at least see the girls.

I hurried out of my room and knocked on the king's door, once then twice then thrice.

What the fuck do I do now?

"Come in human" came his strong voice, I cringed at my reaction to his voice hating the effect he had on me.

"Did we go back to the human terminology?" I thought as I frowned deeply.

I opened his door and walked into what seemed like the opposite of the time outside. His room was pitch black and if it weren't for the golden eyes pinning me in the dark I'd probably left the way I came.

"Uh, good morning your grace?" I said my greeting sounding more like a question as I was unsure if I should even be in here.

Am I too early?

"Open the blinds, I am awake and you are late," he said sharply I almost spewed.

1. Where are the blinds exactly?
2. How the bloody hell am I late?
3. Does he believe I read minds?

"I apologize Your Grace but um I'm afraid human eyes aren't quite as advanced as your kind's" I retorted matching his sharp tone yet respectful.

Kaius sighed and I suppose he was annoyed but how exactly am I to know where if I've never even been in this chamber before?

I felt the breeze and suddenly the room was engulfed in light, my eyes squinted in an attempt to adjust to the light.

"Why are you just standing there? Did no one explain your duties to you?" Kaius's drawl calmly making me shiver in the process.

His tone far too calm, it gave me goosebumps what if he's moments away from killing me?!.

"Uh-I-um n-no- no one explained anything to me other than I need to obey your every command" I stuttered embarrassingly, I'm quite sure I was red as a tomato even with my brown skin.

King Kaius's cold golden eyes glared at me, almost willing me into a corner with his stare.

Yet my stubbornness and confusion kept me rooted looking straight into his eyes. Breaking rules yet again. It's 8 in the morning who the hell wakes with this much attitude?